Looking for easy switch

I use several global styles, each works better with different sites. I have to swap between them all the time. I see how I can edit them to add sites, but that would be tedious for every site.

Is there a good FF addon to manage what urls the styles apply to?

Comments

• Must be a tough one, got everyone stumped :P

For example, 2 context menus: "Favorite Page Styles" and "Favorite Page Mods".

Favorite Page Styles are 'generic' styles that affect a whole page, that's the idea anyway, the user can add any style to this list. Only one is used at a time. Choosing a different one automatically removes any other in this list. If a favorite doesn't work well on the current page, it can be hidden. The list of visible and hidden can be edited on the app management screen. When a new Favorite Page Style is added, it will be on the FPS list for every page, until marked hidden.

Favorite Page Mods is a list of styles that might be used on any page together. The idea is they only affect a specific part of the page. More than one can be selected. These can be hidden per-page, and initially show on all pages.

The manage screen lets you hide/unhide, define URL groups, edit a style (open in stylish).

The point is to make it easy to set a style for any page, any time. Currently I think the only way to do this is to enable one and disable others from the global list, which affects other pages, which is annoying. The only way to get a style to be specifically for one page is to code it. But it seems the whole point here is to make things easy.

Am I doing it wrong?
  • You can use moz-document rules to make them specific to a list of sites you specify or have them apply to all sites except those you specify. This would require a bit of tinkering with the code, but it's not too bad.
  • You can use moz-document rules to make them specific to a list of sites you specify or have them apply to all sites except those you specify. This would require a bit of tinkering with the code, but it's not too bad.
    On a semi-related note, is it possible to read data in from an external file? Like the OP I use multiple global styles with an ever-expanding exceptions list and it would be nice to maintain that in one file which is then imported by each style.
  • You can @import stuff and you can install from a URL (which will also update that URL). Not sure if that covers what you want.
  • You can @import stuff and you can install from a URL (which will also update that URL). Not sure if that covers what you want.
    No idea, I'll try it later and see what happens. Worst case scenario is it doesn't.
  • Of course if it doesn't work I can just script a "global theme builder" so I can maintain the moz-doc line separately and then generate all my global styles at once when they need to be updated, then re-add them to Stylish.