When a page is very long

When a page is very long there happens a bug related to background. After a certain point a repeating background will stop repeating

It needs to be a very long page, something like maybe 30.000 pixels high. After that point the background stops

Someone has probably seen this bug before. Do you know if there is a solution?

TY

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Bug reported 2011-07-13: large background-images and gradients don't work beyond ~ 32768px

Typical Mozilla comment: "We don't need any further updates on this not being fixed, this bug is still open indicating that it is not fixed."

Use a background-color so that when the background-image stops your text is still readable.

• edited May 2014
    Use a background-color so that when the background-image stops your text is still readable.
    won't help if user press ctrl-'+' / ctrl-'-' / ctrl-wheel :(
  • Poor Firefoxers image image
  • edited May 2014
    So, there is only one way to fix the problem: background-attachment: fixed !important; not scroll!
  • Use a background-color so that when the background-image stops your text is still readable.
    won't help if user press ctrl-'+' / ctrl-'-' / ctrl-wheel :(
    I didn't recognize these shortcuts and figured they were something that most people including myself don't use, but I see that they adjust the zoom level, and zoom other than 100%, by any method, causes the background-color to turn black (below 32768 px). I didn't know that.
    So, there is only one way to fix the problem: background-attachment: fixed !important; not scroll!
    It must be fixed, says so in the rule. image

• edited May 2014
    ... I didn't know that.
    Quelle surprise.
  • It must be fixed, says so in the rule. image
    Comment of the week winner
  • edited May 2014