slash all their stupid colors with just one line of CSS?

edited December 2012 in Style Development
Gentlemen:

How do I just not allow a site to use its own colors?

I.e., as an older user, I cannot deal with my favorite website's choice of barf black for everything.

If I do Firefox Preferences -> Colors and unclick "Allow pages to use their own colors" I am happy!

But unfortunately that affects all sites. Therefore I turn to you, dear reader:

What CSS gives the same effect?

Must I think up a new color for each element, or can I just slash all their stupid colors with just one line of CSS, back to the browser / W3C defaults?

Comments

• The site's .css file is 117090 bytes long. Please don't require me to dig through it.
    I just want to zap the colors it uses, not totally disregard it.
  • edited December 2012
    Try:
    @-moz-document domain(yourfavoritesite.com) {
    * {
    color: black !important;
    background-color: white !important;
    }
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks. I'm making good progress with

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
    @-moz-document domain("www.bdsm.com.tw") {
    *{
    /*color: black !important; TOO HEAVY HANDED! */
    background-color: white !important;
    }}

Now all I need is (somebody to help me) to make all their shades of gray characters intended for a black background now reversed in intensity so they work on a white background.

Alas such WordPress sites don't give each user the choice of a theme if he doesn't like the administrator's theme, hence we must use stylish to override them.

Also do tell me if this is on your adult site list so I won't upload it when it is 'perfected'. Or maybe I shouldn't even mention their URL here in this forum (but then how are you to help me?). Thanks.
  • And good god one notices all the different grades of text upon mouseover and non-mouseover.

Maybe a good plan would be somehow me just selecting "the default theme that ships with WordPress", and then "jam it into stylish"?
  • edited December 2012
    Try this instead. Change the colors to what you want. ➨ http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorhex.html

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
    @-moz-document domain("www.bdsm.com.tw") {
    * {
    color: #666 !important;
    background-color: white !important;}

/*LINKS*/
    a {color: orange !important;}

/*HOVER LINK*/
    a:hover {color: #FFCC66 !important;}

/*VISITED LINK*/
    a:visited {color: #FF9966!important;}}

• edited December 2012
    Even though I've never visited the site the gentleman OP is discussing, Barbie, I can tell, clearly, you are great (and not plastic ;) ).
  • OK that's much better! Thanks!
  • edited December 2012
    Even though I've never visited the site the gentleman OP is discussing, Barbie, I can tell, clearly, you are great (and not plastic ;) ).
    Ha ha ha! Definitely not plastic. I am gonna need a wagon now to hold all those lovely flowers from you that are piling up!