Notice: To Install styles, click the "Show Css Code" button first. The install button will work after that.
The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the extension or website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.

Google Drop Down List Disappears

Hi guys.. I use firefox and win 10. I cant color the border of the drop down in google's metric conversion page. Every time I hover away from the drop down list to inspect the element in inspector, it disappears and its info also from inspector. How do I find this element without it disappearing? Heres the link to that google page:
https://www.google.com/search?q=cm+to+inches&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab

Btw, is there a way to freeze some elements that disappear when you hover away from them while your checking them in inspector?

Comments

• edited March 2018 Firefox
    Press Ctrl+Shift+c to activate the "Select element" feature in Firefox's Page Inspector.

(That will let you click the <select> but not one of the options.)
  • edited March 2018 Chrome
    Styling <select> is very limited, because it's ShadowDOM element
    so you can't do that
  • Jefferson said:

Press Ctrl+Shift+c to activate the "Select element" feature in Firefox's Page Inspector.

I'm very confused by your suggestion. That shortcut activates inspector which is what I said I use. Are you ok??
  • Jefferson said:

I'm very confused by your suggestion. That shortcut activates inspector which is what I said I use. Are you ok??
    You said you lost the element in the Inspector. That method worked for me to click the select and explore its options. If it's not useful to you, don't use it.
  • Jefferson said:

Jefferson said:

You said you lost the element in the Inspector. That method worked for me to click the select and explore its options. If it's not useful to you, don't use it.
    That makes no sense. Why did you recommend I use inspector when I specifically said I use it in the 1st place??
  • No, you said "Every time I hover away from the drop down list to inspect the element in inspector, it disappears and its info also from inspector." Use it the way I described and you can access the information in the Inspector. Did I misunderstand what you were saying there? As I said, use it or don't use it, it's all you now. I won't give you any more suggestions.
  • Jefferson said:

"Every time I hover away from the drop down list to inspect the element in inspector, it disappears and its info also from inspector."

Exactly! You made my point. You even bolded the part where I said 'inspector.' And how else would I not use inspector to inspect an element? You make absolutely no sense. Please dont give me any more suggestions.