Notice: The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the Stylish extension or this website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.
Changing your Avatar.
The only way to currently change a forum avatar is through Gravatar.com. The email address used for your Userstyles.org account must be one of the email addresses that is registered to your Gravatar account.

How Do I Remove Video Suggestion Banner from Youtube?

edited February 2018 in Style Development Chrome
In thegrandreport.com I cant get rid of the suggestions banner at the bottom of the yt video. I posted the code of the element below. But no matter what I do its still there. Its a youtube video embedded in that website. How do I remove it?

.ytp-expand-pause-overlay .ytp-pause-overlay {
display:none !important;
}
http://www.thegrandreport.com/deep-white-people-us-slam-poetry/

Comments

• I assume Stylish and Stylus are probably similar but in Stylus you can't modify things in iframes. If only that was possible so embedded websites would be consistently styled with what they look like when you're on them.

If styling iframes was possible, I would hide "verified" badges in Twitter embeds.

• edited February 2018 Chrome

...in Stylus you can't modify things in iframes.

That's nonsense. You can't figure out how to style iframes, so it must not be possible? You might wanna refrain from giving advice about things you don't understand.

There is a rare iframe bug, but only in Firefox, and only regarding dynamically created iframes, meaning iframes which load after the initial page load. Only reason it hasn't been fixed is because it's not a bug in Stylus, it's a bug in Firefox.

AFAIK, Chrome has zero issues with any iframes. When styling their content, "applies-to" rules must be made for their actual src URLs. Stylus even has some extra tricks for iframes in advanced options:
    Exposes the top site domain in each iframe. Enables writing iframe-specific CSS like this:
    html[stylus-iframe"twitter.com"] h1 { display:none }
  • I assume Stylish and Stylus are probably similar but in Stylus you can't modify things in iframes. If only that was possible so embedded websites would be consistently styled with what they look like when you're on them.

If styling iframes was possible, I would hide "verified" badges in Twitter embeds.

Hey Xane Myers (X-Man),

Hey man thanks for that intelligently concise answer. You made it make sense to me without going overboard. Appreciate it! Have a good one.