Vote on Stylish's Future Features

13»

Comments

• edited January 2017 Chrome

Would be great to have local styles "synced" to our Google account, so no matter what workstation we might be using, as long as we're signed in to that account via Chrome's "People" menu, our styles would be in Stylish. I redo my system about every 4 weeks so I can freshly install several applications in trial mode. Once I get Chrome set up again my extensions all sync up, but Stylish is "empty". :-(

I believe Justin is working on some stylish export and other backup options (I hope) and also import and restore features for an up coming release.

@natalieg @"Justin Hindman"

I have suggested options like manual backup and export, auto backup every x hrs,days, weeks etc. Auto backup to overwrite same file or make incremental backups (v000, v001 etc). Restore of last known good set of styles from x days ago or backup file. Ways to protect your many styles if say a browser update screws everything up and breaks your profile.

Backing up 'in profile folder' and also somewhere else on your computer, and also as suggested above maybe some cloud backups as well. Doing at least two options automatically sounds like a good goal to head towards in the future. Best to be well protected if you've got a lot of styles installed including your own custom styles.

Got to also include your own custom styles.

Some cloud backup also is a good idea I agree, but whose cloud, Justin s 'stylish' add-on cloud backup like Ublock Origin has. This would have to be paid for somehow. But a good idea for the future one the less.
  • Why did the CSS size cap go back to the to do list from in development? T_T

Surely this isn't a hard thing to change?
  • Why did the CSS size cap go back to the to do list from in development? T_T

Surely this isn't a hard thing to change?

+1

• not realized, what is

size cap

where it was going: from or in?

• not realized, what is

size cap

100kb size limit on styles is supposed to be increased to 200kb. Seems simple enough to implement, but it's been months now and still nada.
  • 100kb size limit on styles is supposed to be increased

maybe we need Sass support in Stylish?
  • Feature Request: "Compact View" of installed styles in pull-down.

Currently, the pull-down can only show 2 styles at a time. As a professional user of Stylish (that is, I use it for work, not to "MAKE TEH G00GL3Z BLACKZ!!!!"), I sometimes have a dozen or two styles, most disabled, some enabled, in order to preview alternate designs for products under development.

This is a huge pain in the ass with the silly advertising-style drop-down.

I've used Stylish to restyle itself, so my drop-down looks like this right now (it's a work in progress: your advertising-oriented HTML is not designed to be useful):

Perhaps this compact layout could be the default for styles that were locally created, not downloaded from US.O.
    270 x 569 - 66K
  • Jefferson said:

Hi nawba, if you reload the style's page you should get a green button to Update with Stylish. It would be convenient to have that available without having to reload.

That never worked for me
  • Hey there!

A thought regarding style settings.
    There is Default value for each setting. But there is no handy way to apply this value if the setting has been changed previously.
    A "Reset to default" button would be suitable I guess.

Regards!
  • Can you do something to change how the style name is displayed in the developer toolbar:
    It's an one string name (like Base64).

In Firebug , when we inspect an element , we see something more useful...

But Firebug is discontinued now and migrate to the developer toolbar
  • decembre said:

Can you do something to change how the style name is displayed in the developer toolbar:

Not sure I understand what you're referring to. Can you include a screenshot?
  • What about opening the code base, putting it on github so anyone can contribute?
  • not realized, what is

size cap

100kb size limit on styles is supposed to be increased to 200kb. Seems simple enough to implement, but it's been months now and still nada.
    yes,100kb size too small,we need a big room,i suggest 500kb @Justin Hindman
  • edited February 2017 Waterfox

decembre said:

Can you do something to change how the style name is displayed in the developer toolbar:

Not sure I understand what you're referring to. Can you include a screenshot?
    Firefox's Developer Toolbar: Readable Userstyles Name for CSS selector lines (like Firebug) ?

Here with the Dev. ToolBar :

Here with Firebug:
  • I didn't see this at trello or in this thread, but what I'd really like is an external editor option.

The internal editor is laggy on my machine and I have a perfectly good editor (sublime) which I'm very used and like to use for everything. (I can't get itsalltext or S.E.M. to work.)

I don't know if the API allows you to monitor external file changes so that an externally edited style can be automatically reloaded on save, but even a manual refresh would still be better than having to constantly copy/paste.

thanks
  • I believe you can configure and use an external editor with the addition of the "stylish-custom" extension. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish-custom/
  • I believe you can configure and use an external editor with the addition of the "stylish-custom" extension. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish-custom/

Thanks. I installed, restarted. It doesn't seem to do anything. I still get the same standard stylish editor, not the one shown in screen shot. I configured ext. editor but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

I'm running Nightly. Maybe that's the problem.
  • There is a help file you can use when you open the configuration that explains the setup. And I believe that is where I read how to use an external editor. Oh and it does things lol just check out the setting there and I think you will pick up on it. Sorry I cant be of more help, I use the editor in stylish proper in a tab because i am used to it. But I think if you read around the help it will explain it for you.
  • edited May 2017 Waterfox
    No more infos about my request posted before :
    Firefox's Developer Toolbar: Readable Userstyles Name for CSS selector lines (like Firebug) ?
  • Can't I add an idea? I couldn't, even after creating a profile and confirming my email.
  • Waterfox
    Apparently you're posting, so why not post your idea? Not that it will matter, don't expect any results from the s.c. 'developers'.
  • makondo said:

Apparently you're posting, so why not post your idea? Not that it will matter, don't expect any results from the s.c. 'developers'.

I meant on the website:
    https://trello.com/b/xzSUbdNv/stylish-features-list
  • edited May 2017 Firefox
    @kefayapunnk admins stated on some thread they were abandoning trello temporarily as a base for exchanging ideas, if I recall it right.
    Nope, forget about it, what's true is it seems they are following more closedly the forums as it seems it's a preferred choice of many users, and also paying attention to contact mail and beta groups.
  • May I suggest stopping the data collection by default?
  • Please fix search. I haven't been able to use search in the past few months.
  • I've noticed it doesn't respect my current color settings for customizable styles; If I change colors on my "Dark HCS" colors, update, then refresh the page (or return later), the default colors I set for the style. On the old version, it remembered the colors I set...could this be fixed (like many other things on the new version)?
  • Bring back advanced search. I don't see this on any list to be able to upvote it.