Release Notes - Stylish 1.6.3 is out!

13»

Comments

• hippyjake said:

You seem to still be missing the parts that say "Create a new theme for page" in the drop-down. Come on dude that was the first thing people were missing! Thank you for moving forward, but please add back the functionality that was removed!!!!!!!!!! Stop adding fluff.

That's already there from version 1.6.2. It's the 'Create New Style' button. It sends to the 'New Style' page, with the visited page filled in the 'Applies to' field.

Can you be more specific as to what other functionality has been removed and is still not added? As far as I see, all previous functionalities are added to the live version.
  • edited January 2017 Chrome
    'backup and retrieve' in v1.7.0 is good to see. Ta.

Options could be:

Auto backup every X days or hours.
    Backup to one file and over write it, or back up sequentially.

I assume the retrieve option might also offer styles from x days ago and or last 'good' loaded set.
  • hippyjake said:

You seem to still be missing the parts that say "Create a new theme for page" in the drop-down. Come on dude that was the first thing people were missing! Thank you for moving forward, but please add back the functionality that was removed!!!!!!!!!! Stop adding fluff.

Exactly. Don't deprecate. Just give us back the functionality be had before.

• Still garbage. I'd say install Chromium and use an old .crx from before it was ruined for no good reason. http://mirror.phpizza.com/extensions/

I don't think going back will help. Going forward is always better and to try and engage with Justin more, expressing our concerns about data collection of IP and history going to some unknown company for who knows what purpose.
  • When I opt out, it hides the "installed styles" tab as well. I think this is a bug and not the intended behavior.
  • When I opt out, it hides the "installed styles" tab as well. I think this is a bug and not the intended behavior.

Can you upload a screenshot of what you're seeing? I'm not able to reproduce it.
  • hippyjake said:

This function was never removed. From version 1.6.2 you could click on the 'Create New Style' button and reach the 'Create Style' page, with the visited page's url filled in the 'Applies to' field. If this is not what you meant, can you please try to be more specific?

hippyjake said:

This function was never removed. From version 1.6.2 you could click on the 'Create New Style' button and reach the 'Create Style' page, with the visited page's url filled in the 'Applies to' field. If this is not what you meant, can you please try to be more specific?
    Very specifically: I'm talking about the hot mess that was forced upon an unlucky group of users, with no way to manually update, even in developer mode in Chrome. Right now (and for the long last while) I've got a panel with exactly... nothing.
    OK... so I just went ahead and reinstalled the Chrome extension. Never expected to see such a load of crap. From the popout panel...

1. Can't access my own created styles (directly)
    2. "Styles Library" is perfectly useless. It thinks it knows what I may be looking for to pimp whatever page I'm on.
    3. "Installed styles" only shows me a few styles I've added from userstyles.org - none of my own
    4. The already neutered popout panel is rendered completely useless if I opt out of "Send anonymous data to Stylish developers for determining user counts".
    5. Why would I want to see oversized thumbnails of any installed styles, when I could have a simple list of styles that I could eyeball to toggle on/ off?

Justin, this must be a joke, right? I see nothing right and everything wrong. You've deprecated every ounce of usefulness. Wait... the only useful thing I can do from the popout panel is toggle all styles off (even the ones that aren't listed).

Is this the way it's going to be?
  • Still garbage. I'd say install Chromium and use an old .crx from before it was ruined for no good reason. http://mirror.phpizza.com/extensions/

Now here's a more diplomatic man than myself.