Notice: The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the Stylish extension or this website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.
Changing your Avatar.
The only way to currently add or change a forum avatar is through Gravatar.com. The email address used for your Userstyles.org account must be one of the email addresses that is registered to your Gravatar account.

Changing the title text displayed on Firefox's about:home Tab - SOLVED

edited October 2019 in Style Requests [?]
I want to change the tab title text that is displayed on the about:home page tab in Firefox.

I am trying to use the pseudo element :after to replace the text.

I obtained some code that works for changing text in another area (a richlist), but I am unable to identify the correct container to use for changing the tab title on about:home.

Here is the code I've got that successfully changes the display name for an extension on Firefox's Add-ons page :

richlistitem[name="Dorando keyconfig"] .name-container:after { content: "Key Config"; font-size: 1.155em; margin-left: -11px !important; } richlistitem[name="Dorando keyconfig"] .name { font-size: 0; margin-right: 0; }

Can the above CSS be adapted so that it changes the tab title text on the about:home tab?

Comments

• edited October 2019 [?]
    Try this:
    .tabbrowser-tab[label="Mozilla Firefox Start Page"] .tab-text {
    font-size: 0;
    }
    .tabbrowser-tab[label="Mozilla Firefox Start Page"] .tab-text::before {
    content: "[your text]"; font-size: 12px;
    }
  • This is perfect. It works like a charm!

Comparing this code to my previous (richlist) example gives me a better understanding of how it works now. I was pretty much just guessing before (based on that one example that I had), but now I can adapt the concept and use it again in future.

You have also helped me a couple of the times in the past with some other really great answers, for which I am very grateful.

Thanks!
  • You're welcome.