Import / Export Styles

edited December 2007 in Stylish
Hi,

How about a simple way to import and export stylish settings. That is importing and exporting of the stylish.rdf file so you do not have to do it manually when switching between computers.

Thanks,

Will

Comments

• You can also put the file in a common place and change the pref extensions.stylish.fileURL to point to it.
  • ftp://localuser:localpassword@LANIP/stylish.rdf

This works. I chose FTP in off chance hope of remotely saving, but I know (a few reasons) why that doesnt happen.
  • This didn't work for me. I can read the file but not write to it.

I tried something similar a while ago, keeping my bookmarks.html on the ftp server, but someone explained to me that Fx does not have the native ability to write to ftp so I abandoned the idea.

It would be pretty handy, though, since I'm trying to synchronize the file between 3 computers and my only option now is to copy and paste it.

How are you able to write to ftp? Is there an extension that will add this ability? I looked around but couldn't find one.
  • edited January 2008
    Yeah, that's what I meant. It is read-only. Stylish is using Firefox to grab the file, but Firefox doesn't have FTP upload, and Stylish isn't coded for it, either.
  • edited January 2008
    Updated the tutorial to show how this is done.