Character Corruption on Backup Styles (Japanese Characters)

Some of my private styles have Japanese Title (Because they are for Sites which have Japanese Title) and most of them included Japanese comment lines.
When I Exported my styles and Imported them to Chrome signed in with another accout of mine, I found characters of the Japanese titles and comments had corrupted.

I tried to open my backup file on a text editor with some character encodings, then I found out that the Stylish extension opens backup files with the ISO 8859-1 encoding.

Now I have rewritten my comment lines in English, so this problem is not very urgent for me. However, I hope it's gonna be solved in not so distant future.

Comments

  • More than two and a half years since that bug was fixed in Stylus. I wouldn't count on Stylish devs fixing anything, ever.

    IIRC, the bug occurred on import, so you could actually export a DB backup from Stylish, then import to Stylus and avoid corruption.
  • More than two and a half years since that bug was fixed in Stylus. I wouldn't count on Stylish devs fixing anything, ever. IIRC, the bug occurred on import, so you could actually export a DB backup from Stylish, then import to Stylus and avoid corruption.

    Thank you for your comment.

    I tried Stylus and I concluded It was better in some points in adition to the fix for the problem above.

Sign In or Register to comment.