I can't upload my style bcuz of style size limit.

edited June 29 in Stylish [?]
I'm an creator of 'Dark mode for NAVER' theme in userstyles.
But my style encountered css style size limit of 250000 bytes.
There's no external images which encoded in base64 or other encodings.
All codes are completely pure css attributes.

So I tried to contact to the administrator but he didn't respond 3 days.
What do I have to do to get exemption about the size limit?

Comments

• So I tried to contact to the administrator but he didn't respond 3 days.

Admins haven't responded to anything in well over a year. We know they occasionally show up to attempt to do the bare minimum in terms of maintenance, because they manage to break things every time they do, but that's about it.

What do I have to do to get exemption about the size limit?

You're probably SOL, and it's not gonna happen. Odds are pretty slim anyway.

...my style encountered css style size limit of 250000 bytes... no base64 or other encodings... All codes are completely pure css attributes.

250 KB is pretty massive for a "pure CSS" stylesheet. The limit used to be 100 KB for years, and one of the only good things the new owners did was to more than double that limit.

It's practically impossible to have a pure CSS stylesheet that big that isn't full of redundant, unoptimized code, and/or a ton of unnecessary whitespace. A quick look at your code, and I'd say that it's absolutely loaded with both. Redundant properties and whitespace everywhere.

You could put each section, individually, through a beautifier which also optimizes code, like this one. Probably wanna set it to "high" or "highest" compression setting. It'll automatically combine redundant code, and optimize whitespace and other aspects. Bear in mind that these kinda automated code organizers aren't always perfect, so you wanna double-check the results. I wouldn't be surprised if you could manage to cut the size in half.

• Damn, i cant look at code where you create separate block for each selector... Hard coded colors..... This is so bad. You really need to optimize this. I tried using that optimizer anagrammar said about abd it really cut your style size by 45%.