Notice: The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the Stylish extension or this website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.
Changing your Avatar.
The only way to currently change a forum avatar is through Gravatar.com. The email address used for your Userstyles.org account must be one of the email addresses that is registered to your Gravatar account.

Is it possible to style Firefox browser UI only on certain pages? - SOLVED

edited June 3 in Style Requests [?]
I'd like to have a particular Firefox toolbar icon appear desaturated, but only when my about:home page is being viewed.

I have already successfully used @-moz-document url("about:Home") to style various elements of the about:home page contents, but it doesn't work for browser UI elements (such as toolbar button icons etc.)

To clarify:

If I use the css:

#button .toolbarbutton-icon { filter: saturate(0%) !important; }

it works fine, but everywhere (i.e. on all web pages).

But if I try to restrict it so that the change only happens when my about:home page is being viewed (using the css shown below) it does not work.

@-moz-document url("about:Home") {
#button .toolbarbutton-icon { filter: saturate(0%) !important; }
}

Is what I'm trying to do even possible, or are moz-document url changes limited to changing only a page's contents?

I'm sure there must be a way to do this.

Comments

• With stylish 2.1.1 and old Firefox, it's possible:
    #main-window[stylish-url="about:home"] toolbarbutton .toolbarbutton-icon {filter: saturate(0%);}
  • Thanks again, João.

Another successful result due to your kind assistance. It works like a charm!

This is why I refused update Firefox beyond v56. So much customization ability gets lost.
  • It's a pleasure to help.
  • edited June 12 [?]

This is why I refused update Firefox beyond v56. So much customization ability gets lost.

You can still do it in FF67 via userChrome.css. Just addons can't do it anymore because of stability/speed and security optimizations.