Docs Error

About: Google - Clean Dark OK rating
edited February 11 in Style Reviews [?]

From what I can tell, something's messed up with the text color when a toolbar button is checked on google docs. For one, the color code is invalid; #FFFFFF80 isn't a color. It defaults to #929292, which isn't too bad as a highlight color tbh.

The issue comes in with the text color. It's this really odd pink shade that makes it a bit difficult to read against the gray background selected. Strangely enough, I can't find anything within your style whatsoever that prompts it to make it this color [#d27fb9], and my feeble attempts to change it have been met with no results- it just remains pink entirely.

There's a link to some screenshots with what I'm talking about below. The text color should be changed to something a bit more neutral, or at least something that contrasts better. Right now, on a full screen, it just looks illegible.

https://imgur.com/a/8DHoGUU?

Edit: Sorry for so many posts, kept getting an error when trying to send and presumed it wasn't going through >.<

Comments

• edited February 12 [?]
    Thanks for the detailed feedback :)
    • #FFFFFF80 is a valid color - it's equivalent to rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5) (80 being the alpha value)
    • You probably could not find it because it is being inverted with a filter
    • Now here comes the problem. It's supposed to look like this. And it does for me. Could you provide some more information so we can narrow down the problems cause.
    P.S. Don't apologize. This site is just a mess.