Notice: The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the Stylish extension or this website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.
Changing your Avatar.
The only way to currently change a forum avatar is through Gravatar.com. The email address used for your Userstyles.org account must be one of the email addresses that is registered to your Gravatar account.

Can't import my Backup to Stylish

edited August 2018 in Stylish Chrome
Hello, i'm going to be very brief because my english is not the best
I did the Stylish backup and unnistaled the extension and then styled Stylus to import, but the Stylus does not recognize the file extension of Stylish. What can i do?

Comments

• I figured it out, folks!

''The backup file you get from Stylish has no filname-extension, so when using Stylus' import function (in the styles manager), make sure to select All files (*.*) instead of *.json in the dropdown-menu. Otherwise the desired file won't appear for choice.''
  • edited August 2018 Firefox
    You can also use "drag-and-drop." See steps 5-6: https://www.userchrome.org/stylish-to-stylus.html
  • edited February 20 [?]
    I recently test it on an other profile and it fail:
    Manual Migration: You can use this extractor (large file load): User Style Extractor

I use waterfox 56.5.7 and Stylish 2.1.1
    I tested many options(with UI/ Without UI, drag and drop)
    It seems the only possibility is to copy usertyles manually ?
  • No news ??

• I've never messed around with exporting from 2.1.1. I thought Jefferson's extractor was supposed to work, but if it doesn't, you can try your luck with the second method described here.
  • edited March 7 [?]

I think i have tested all the possible tool...
    but i can't have the backup json or if i have one, it can't be imported.
    Last test:
    Install the stylish-export.xpi but nothing append:
    No .json on my desktop

Retest with an old json from a previous test:
    import work but not all styles are present.

• I don't know if it is the problem but i have an userstyle which can't be removed.
    It is empty.
    I can't:

• edit it
    • remove it

i try by CCleaner to clean the database, no success.

I try to make an usertyles with the exact same name to overwrite:
    now i have 2 entry with the same name ...
    i can edit the last one, but the invalid stay invalid.

I search if it possible to view/edit the stylish.sqlite, but i don't find any useful infos.

That's a pain:
    a solution to copy all selected userstyles without this dam styles ?

• You're like a year and a half late to the party. These were kinda niche tools to begin with, so I doubt anybody's really looking to maintain them. That said, they seem to work for most people.
    decembre said:

I don't know if it is the problem but i have an userstyle which can't be removed.

Sounds like your DB is kinda borked. Good possibility that's the problem. Also possible that WaterFox updates have made it incompatible somehow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    decembre said:

I search if it possible to view/edit the stylish.sqlite, but i don't find any useful infos.

I've done it before, years ago. It wasn't that hard then, and I imagine the editor's gotten better. It's the first google result.
  • Thanks for the help!
    I test the DB Browser for SQLite....

• I tested and seems working:
    I can remove these invalid entries!
    It's relatively simple.

I made a test on a backup, so i can see if there are no more problem.

Re Thank !

• edited March 13 [?]
    Were you able to get the extractor working and transfer your DB after repairing it?
  • For now i have not tested the extractor:
    When try it i report my test here.
    For infos about how to solve a stylish.sqlite corrupted by invalid userstyle with help of DB Browser for SQLite:
    I only open the stylish.sqlite in my profile .
    after search a way to view what is inside.
    select the items corrupted and delete them and after save the data base (sqlite).
    As i said, relatively simple

• edited March 18 [?]
    Quickly retested with my working stylish.sqlite and User Style Extractor (stylish.sqlite):
    It seems not working ....
    I know some time ago i had seen working but now....

RE test on firefox quantum and a fresh stylish.sqlite:
    The tool work!

So my previous stylish.sqlite as errors inside that i have not seen :-)