Spotify web player - remove shading and big PLAY/PAUSE button from album cover until hover!

I can't see the cool album artwork artists want me to see! This has always bugged me and I guess they think it looks "cool".

I would like the shading to be removed and the play/pause button to only show up when you hover over the album cover.

See this screenshot (file upload wasn't working)
http://i68.tinypic.com/dfbnyu.png

Comments

• I don't use Spotify, so I'm just going off the examples on the landing page:
    .album-art:not(:hover) .pause-state {
    opacity: 0!important;
    }
  • I don't use Spotify, so I'm just going off the examples on the landing page:

.album-art:not(:hover) .pause-state {
    }
    Speedy response! But nope doesn't work.

• Suppose it couldn't hurt to sign up for a free account to inspect:
    .album-art:not(:hover) .pause-state,
    .media-object .media-object-hoverable.playing:not(:hover) .cover-art-playback {
    }

.media-object .media-object-hoverable.playing:not(:hover) .cover-art-image,
    .media-object .media-object-hoverable.playing:not(:hover) .daily-mix-decoration {
    filter: brightness(1)!important;
    }
  • Suppose it couldn't hurt to sign up for a free account to inspect:

.album-art:not(:hover) .pause-state,
    .media-object .media-object-hoverable.playing:not(:hover) .cover-art-playback {
    }

.media-object .media-object-hoverable.playing:not(:hover) .cover-art-image,
    .media-object .media-object-hoverable.playing:not(:hover) .daily-mix-decoration {
    filter: brightness(1)!important;
    }
    Thank you for your help! This works beautifully--literally since now I can see the album art!
  • Is there any one have issues when using Spotify Web Player? I get Spotify Web Player not working for a long time until I found out the source page: Fix Spotify Web Player Not Playing. It can't play my Spotify music and playlists as normal. Too bad to use it.