Only blank pages in Pale Moon?

For a couple of days now I've only been able to access userstyles.org on Chrome or Waterfox, but with Pale Moon 27.9.3 (which is my main browser) all I get is a blank page. I've tried disabling NoScript completely, same with uBlock - no change.

Did you change anything in the site? Does anybody else have that problem? Any help is appreciated :)

Comments

• Yes! Same prob. Very annoying. We can't use your service.
  • Interesting - I can view this thread in Pale Moon when I click on the link in the email notification about the reply, but when I go to sign in I again have a blank page.
  • In my opinion PaleMoon no add HTML5 / CSS3 on time to Goanna engine.
  • I just got this issue I did not no anybody else used this browser here last time I mentioned pale moon people made some comments to not use it.
  • edited July 9 Firefox
    Nimueh said:

For a couple of days now I've only been able to access userstyles.org on Chrome or Waterfox, but with Pale Moon 27.9.3 (which is my main browser) all I get is a blank page. I've tried disabling NoScript completely, same with uBlock - no change.

Did you change anything in the site? Does anybody else have that problem? Any help is appreciated :)

It also does not work with the previous version as I updated to try and fix it.

• Well I switched to Cyberfox now (for various reasons) and it works again. No idea why a popular browser like Pale Moon wouldn't be supported any more - don't you (the site owners/admins) know that many people don't want to use Firefox and all its "new and improved" crap lol?
    Please make sure to support the many Firefox forks, many users are stuck on those due to all the FF changes :)
  • Nimueh said:

Well I switched to Cyberfox now (for various reasons) and it works again. No idea why a popular browser like Pale Moon wouldn't be supported any more - don't you (the site owners/admins) know that many people don't want to use Firefox and all its "new and improved" crap lol?
    Please make sure to support the many Firefox forks, many users are stuck on those due to all the FF changes :)

Does Cyberfox have firebug?
  • Does Cyberfox have firebug?

No idea what that is, sorry - either check their forums or google ;)
  • edited July 12 Chrome
    Nimueh said:

Well I switched to Cyberfox now (for various reasons) and it works again. No idea why a popular browser like Pale Moon wouldn't be supported any more - don't you (the site owners/admins) know that many people don't want to use Firefox and all its "new and improved" crap lol?

Pale Moon 27.x has no future anymore - If you want to view that page properly, use Pale Moon 28 Beta.

• Well Cyberfox also stopped working here, all I got was the loading icon on the main page (this forum still works oddly enough). Since I had some other issues with it as well I have now switched to Waterfox 56 ... let's see how long that one works
  • edited July 16 Firefox
    Well I were in #palemoon at irc.freenode.org and asked and it has to do with js standard compliance. PM and other goanna based browser is ES5 compliant but some of this sites .js is ES6 compliant.

From the console (F12) one can see that the problem lies in the js file app.js (line 54095, col 6)

for (const param of input.split('&')) { I think the "const" is the problematic expression. Its little like saying hmmm ;) about an Italian mobsters mother.. It just don't sit well.

Maybe the site admins could be so kind as to make an alternative app.js for our older browsers as this effects quite a bit of the old browser stock, surely for years to come.

I could suggest to fire up an fresh copy of FireFox and install Stylem and install all styles of your hearts content. Then install Stylem in PM and copy the file stylish.sqlite frome the root of the FF profile to the root of the PM profile. Alternatively use the Feebe extension to export the styles and then import them in PM again. Gluck!
  • Stylem? What is that?
  • edited July 21 Firefox

Install dev PaleMoon 28 - in this version userstyles.org works fine.

https://www.palemoon.org/unstable/