Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

on youtube (link included), how to use the chrome dev tool to find the 'youtube channel source' so

how to use the chrome dev tool to find the 'youtube channel source' so that it could be moved to the topmost row?

link: www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAMSBggFEAEYAg%253D%253D&search_query="museum+of+modern+art"

how would you show anyone that knows nothing about css how to find w/e is needed to move it to the topmost row?

chrome extension link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne

somewhat related: https://forum.userstyles.org/discussion/67389/youtube-css-request-followup-heres-a-picture-of-a-broken-code

Comments

• edited July 3 Firefox

How often should I explain it... in this case the elements you want to switch are not on the same level (= children of the same parent) and there is no CSS standard property to switch them.

So this is something advanced and needs a hacky solution, if possible at all.
    As there are not just two elements to switch, but several, you can't work with absolute positioning, which would take the elements out of the usual "flow" (flow = elements positioned under each other in the order as they are written in the html) and make them easier to push around.

So you work with relative positioning and give some a negative margin (which usually should be avoided at all and moves elements out of their theoretical box) and padding (which artificially increases the elements dimensions from the inside but that way makes space for the element moved by negative margin). As the elements are on different layers you may have to deal with unclickable links (the invisible padding being over the moved other element) and it's far from clean programming and browser compatibility.

You won't get that in two weeks. Start with easy stuff. Change colors, change fonts and font size, change borders and margins, hide elements.

Or maybe I misunderstood what you mean by youtube channel source?

• edited July 3 Chrome

this is a new post on a new topic with the same site of youtube

not on the same level (= children of the same parent) and there is no CSS standard property to switch them

So this is something advanced and needs a hacky solution,

oh

so someone else was able to do the switching of youtubes texts in some way, code is in the link

possibly i could look at their code and maybe figure out what they're doing

tho all my guesses about what web code stuff means were inaccurate due to the strange and unnatural wording used in the of web dev

when better wording could've been used historically

not on the same level (= children of the same parent) and there is no CSS standard property to switch them

how long about would it take to learn this? even tho it wont help with many things (99.9%) of thigns needed

• someone was able to do this btw

• Go learn CSS then you will see it was a good trick but actually a hacky, unreliable solution.