Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1. Find out identifier / selector via developer tools 2. Apply your style to the selected element li

"most of the time it's dead easy.

1. Find out identifier / selector via developer tools

2. Apply your style to the selected element like font-size or background-color"

on https://forum.userstyles.org/discussion/67246/hey-my-google-css-request-disappeared#latest

1. are the css requests i made all about 'finding out 'identifier / selector' via developer tools'?

2. how do you recognise what's what?**

3. is 'identifier / selector' css or js? is this advanced knowledge to learn?

That's why sometimes advanced understanding is needed. You won't get that in two weeks.

1. so the css requests i made were not ones that basic knowledge woudl be helpful with?

Comments

• edited June 22 Firefox

Stylish is all about CSS.
    Forget JavaScript for now if you don't even know html and css.

This video shows a guy using the developer tools:

When you got the selector (classname / id / tagname or whatever is necessary), just write a rule in Stylish like

#mysiteFooter { background-color: green !important; }

• sounds like how this requires tons of advance knoweldge

the css requests i made all seem to require lots of advance knoweldge according to the replies made
  • The usual stuff - changing colors, changing margins / lengths, hiding stuff - is just straightforward in 95% of the cases.
  • those css requests all had problems and issues tho so they dont seem simple

why exactly did each of those have problems if assuming it was simple?

• Which "css requests"?
    If you are talking about https://forum.userstyles.org/discussion/67246/hey-my-google-css-request-disappeared then I already gave the answer: 1 & 2 are straightforward, see 3 as impossible for you.

You're talking so much vaguely around... why don't you start trying like everyone else does? Go out, change some colors, add some borders, use the browser devtools!
    Don't try to change a Ferrari's gear if you didn't understand how your own scooter works.

• any and all of the few css requests

to take the google example, #3 seems to the hard that's why originally nobody had known

so still wondering, why exactly did each of those have problems if assuming it was simple?

• Am I talking to a bot?
    1 & 2 are simple and no problems (I already gave the code), 3 is impossible.
  • edited July 3 Chrome

someone made #3 afterwards so it seems very possible

so then logically how could #3 be 'impossible'?

for your bot comment, do you call everyone a bot when you dont understand something?

do you see me calling everyone a bot for example?

• Not impossible, but quite hacky (you see the browsers interpret it differently) and impossible for a beginner. That's not the straightforward stuff we're talking about.

The bot comment was about you talking a lot but apparently not doing a lot. You can't learn everything just from asking and reading books, you have to go out and try it by yourself.

#1 and #2 being problematic is just wrong.