Make Stylish work in the context of another Chrome extension

Hello everyone,

I recently installed an extension called "double hot search", which allows searching Google and Bing at the same time.

Problem I have is that when you search, it opens the results in a page whose address starts is something like "chrome-extension://........."

I tried to create a new style in Stylish to match the URL so that I can use my styles for Google and Bing, but I'm not able to make it work.

Is it possible to make stylish work with the URL of that extension?

Thank you

Comments

• edited June 2018 Chrome
    No. Not what you wanna hear, but it's not possible. WebExtension APIs prohibit extensions from running content scripts on other extensions' pages.

In Firefox, I guess you can still style them via userChrome.css or userContent.css, but not in Chrome. Only way to style other extensions is to unpack them, change their CSS internally, and then side-load it unpacked. I've done it for a few, but it only really works if you're not worried about updates, or are willing to repatch when you do need to update.

It's also a bit trickier, and Google Chrome stable/beta throws the stupid warnings for side-loaded extensions. Canary doesn't, and neither does Chromium or most of its various other forks.
  • Thank you @anagrammar for your reply. Honestly, I had my doubts that it wouldn't be possible, but I thought maybe it's worth a shot.

Also, I haven't played much with Chrome extensions (to do what you said; unpack, etc.). Are there any resource links you can point me to in order for me to get a bit familiar with those things?

Thank you