Vector/Monobook-like style for Wikia (FANDOM)

Hello (finally I have a reason to come here again after over a year...)

In order to comply with the GDPR (which has been instated today), Wikia has been forced to retire Monobook (the closest thing to MediaWiki's Vector) and give all users no choice but to use the terrible, unfriendly, highly inconvenient Oasis (default) instead. Even though I've used the PseudoMonobook script, it doesn't exactly help get "that Wikipedia feel" (as I call it) back, something which has killed the non-independent Uncyclopedias and other projects that attempted to give that impression. While I did find numerous Wikia styles for Stylish, none of them seem to be what I'm looking for (a wiki-wide solution "for personal use" [as in, the major changes required would not violate the Terms of Service since only I could see them]). Now, I'd actually prefer something closer to Vector as opposed to Monobook, since Vector would make me feel more "at home" as a former Wikipedian. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• So do you have a source / copy of the Vector CSS? It's quite unlikely somebody here will restyle the whole thing without using it him/herself.

I don't know about the styles you mentioned, but be aware that we can only restyle stuff, not add something.
  • So do you have a source / copy of the Vector CSS? It's quite unlikely somebody here will restyle the whole thing without using it him/herself.

I don't know about the styles you mentioned, but be aware that we can only restyle stuff, not add something.

Hopefully this should help (from MediaWiki itself, not WIkipedia): http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Vector.css

The styles I mentioned were simply what came up when I searched "Wikia" on Userstyles.

I hope the code in the link is sufficient enough for Stylish and would actually work.
  • edited May 2018 Firefox

Ok I don't really see a problem in that code. And it doesn't look like big changes...

Just import the following to apply that code:

@-moz-document domain("wikia.com") {
    /* Force lining numbers in headers (for fonts like Georgia) */
    h1,
    h2,
    .firstHeading {
        -moz-font-feature-settings: "lnum";
        -webkit-font-feature-settings: "lnum";
        font-feature-settings: "lnum";
    }

/* Consistent size for sub/sup */
    .mw-body sub,
    .mw-body sup,
    span.reference /* for Parsoid */ {
        font-size: 80%;
    }
    }

Could you clarify again what you want by posting an example link and what it should look like or what styles you use / used? If you had already a style installed which doesn't work anymore, it would be best to contact that style's author.

• Breaking news! I've just found this on Uncyclopedia's discussion: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:R.I.P._Monobook_-_any_aftermath_plan?#Restoring_MonoBook

Magic is real! Turns out all I have to do is just go back there and get the code whenever Wikia is loaded. It may not be Vector, but this discussion is basically over now. Thank you.