Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How To Point To iframe??

Hey guys, so I'm having trouble working out how to point to an iframe properly, not sure if anyone is able to help? So I'm using ichrome new tab extension on google chrome browser and I have an iframe on that new tab page, which points to todoist.com ( https://todoist.com/app?lang=en#start ). If you visit that site, you'll see there are already styles available but when applied, none of them affects the iframe, which is really what I want to style. Can anyone tell me how to make the style affect the iframe? Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

• Chrome doesn't allow extensions to access the new tab page or its iframes, see https://crrev.com/2978953002/ - AFAICT it also applies to a custom new tab page so another extension can't mess with it or its contents.

• edited April 7 Firefox
    Stylus can style iframe in think...
    In its options:
    "Exposes the top site domain in each iframe. Enables writing iframe-specific CSS like this: html[stylus-iframe$="twitter.com"] h1 { display:none }"
  • decembre said:

wOxxOm said:

Chrome doesn't allow extensions to access the new tab page or its iframes

Not to mention OP seems to be talking about a new tab page generated by a different extension, which would be off-limits regardless of the fairly recent change in Chromium which made the default new tab page off-limits. The "expose iframes" feature in Stylus does have some other cool uses though.
  • Thank you all for your replies, excuse my ignorance as this is probably a stupid question but the ichrome extension that I'm using as my new tab page has a custom CSS option to add styling if you want to, do you think it would be possible to style the iframe with that?
  • decembre said:

The "expose iframes" feature in Stylus does have some other cool uses though.
    :
    Yes, i need to find where i can test it...
    I see if it possible to post it in an Userstyles without lost the function (i have i little doubt...)

• decembre said:

Yes, i need to find where i can test it...
    I see if it possible to post it in an Userstyles without lost the function (i have i little doubt...)

Nah, it's not enabled by default, so users would have to enable the feature. I argued that it should be because it's harmless, but altering the html without an explicit user action could rub some people the wrong way. I still think that if it's harmless and potentially useful, it should be the default. Tough to share a style which utilizes it otherwise.
    Fred W said:

...this is probably a stupid question but the ichrome extension that I'm using as my new tab page has a custom CSS option to add styling if you want to, do you think it would be possible to style the iframe with that?

Decent chance. Obviously a "Custom CSS" option would probably apply to the UI, but embedded iframes may also be stylable. Easy enough to check, just put some CSS in it and see if it's applied to the iframes:

*{color: red!important;}
  • edited April 12 Chrome
    I've just noticed that iChrome has an HTML widget option that allows entry of javascript too. Would that make it possible to apply a custom style to Todoist as I initially wanted to...?