Flashing white loading pages in Opera (and all other browsers)

Hello guys, this problem is so actual that I just don't know what can be more actual in terms of dark themes (hence, this extension).
I've found solutions only for firefox: https://userstyles.org/styles/141761/dark-loading-page-for-firefox and https://userstyles.org/styles/103659/deepdark-about-blank .
I can't find a solution for it for a very long time already. Please guys!
If you know russian, you can also read this topic: https://toster.ru/q/510256 .
This problem is described in this video:

Comments

• Why the ancient vid? Last I checked, Firefox had screwed this up in Quantum, and Chrome had finally fixed it. You may be SOL in Opera for links that open in new tabs though.

The big tip I can give you is that while Chrome fixed it for same-tab page loads, new tab page loads were still problematic unless you have the right dark theme installed. The white that flashes when new tabs open is actually the new tab page briefly appearing. This background color can be specified via a theme, but not all specify the correct property in the JSON, particularly ones with images, or light themes.

Try Morpheon Dark in Chrome. As I said, since themes are required to solve the new tab issue, and Opera doesn't support themes AFAIK, you may be up shit's creek in Opera.
  • Demo in Chromium 64.0.3282.140

https://streamable.com/nsxnt
  • edited March 2018 Chrome
    I already got similar suggestion in that topic on RU language I mentioned, but I forgot that I had old version of Chrome (on which it didn't work). Guess I'll have to move on Chrome for now.

Off topic P.S.
    Opera is way better than Chrome. It is created for people. It has its own dark design option which covers that nasty white search field as well, it has built-in VPN, it has an option to change your starting page as much as you wish and most important, it never gives me an error that keep my Chrome without updates (this error remains even now so I'll have to manually update it in mean time). And this comfy function to copy or search selected text... I'll miss it. And the last thing is that Chrome just got installed into my system directory and didn't give me any options. I would never use it just for that disgusting thing (but white flashes are much worse).
    It just got forgotten under Chrome's authority and groundless hype.
    Sorry, had to speak out a little. Thanks for reply.
  • Opera is way better than Chrome.

Strongly disagree.

It is created for people.

As opposed to what? If you mean it's some "community project", it's certainly not that anymore. Used to be, but was bought out by a big Chinese company a couple years ago.

It has its own dark design option

That's actually pretty recent, and it gives you exactly one option, which is pretty shitty. The fact that it doesn't support themes is a big reason why you get the white flashes.

...covers that nasty white search field as well, it has built-in VPN,

Both very cool, but I don't need a VPN often. When I do, I keep an Opera install for those occasions.

And this comfy function to copy or search selected text... I'll miss it.

Huh? What POS browser doesn't have that? It is standard functionality.

It just got forgotten under Chrome's authority and groundless hype.

I'm no fan of Google Chrome, but Chromium is a superior browser. There are a lot of forks, but like Opera, they tend to screw up a lot of the areas Chromium excels in. Opera and Slimjet in particular somehow manage to screw up hardware acceleration.

I used to recommend straight up Chromium, in which case you can keep an auto-updated stable version via chrlauncher, although you need to read up and edit the .ini file for stable. This is still a solid choice.

Lately though, I've been using Cent browser and I really prefer it. They're decently prompt with updates, typically 2-3 weeks, they have a ton extra settings and options, and their portable is truly portable. Portability really sealed the deal for me, as not even plain old a Chromium is truly portable anymore.
  • edited March 2018 Chrome
    Edit: logged in a wrong acc in Chrome

Huh? What POS browser doesn't have that? It is standard functionality.

When you highlight the text, window with these two options will appear on top of the text automatically so you dont need extra right click on it (moreover in a flashing white list).

As opposed to what?

Opposed to disgusting Chrome settings/history etc. pages and lack of that settings in comparison to Opera. They made it as complex as they could so people will send their statistics automatically and else like that.

I'm trying to setup clean new tab page but I have to install extra extensions for it and the only dark themed extension without white flashes I've found have disgusting "store" button on it. In Opera I don't need to install anything and have great clean dark themed texture on my new tabs.

it gives you exactly one option, which is pretty shitty.

How is that shitty lol. It has everything dark theme need.
  • edited March 2018 Firefox