Notice: The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the Stylish extension or this website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.
Changing your Avatar.
The only way to currently change a forum avatar is through Gravatar.com. The email address used for your Userstyles.org account must be one of the email addresses that is registered to your Gravatar account.

Is it possible to change text on google button ?

hi, i find stylish not long ago and try some theme and code to find something i want , what i want is i'm looking to the code that would make me able to change the text of those 2 button " Search Google " and " i'm feeling lucky" or at least the 1st one " search Google " by an another sentence, i don't know how to code so if someone could write me the code i need for this if it's possible it would be much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Default Browser

It seems you cannot change text of input button thru CSS means.
    But you can use simple userscript:</p> <pre>// ==UserScript== // @name GoogLuck // @include https://www.google.com/ // @run-at document-end // @grant gm_none // ==/UserScript== var s=document.querySelector('#gsr .jsb center input[value^="G"]'); if(s) s.value="google find"; s=document.querySelector('#gsr .jsb center input[value^="I"]'); if(s) s.value="i'm feeling happy"</pre> <p>

• hi , first thanks for replying me and take the time to look at my request , but i'm kinda noob for this , how should i apply it to the theme for stylish ? tried to copy/paste it but didn't work ^^; and where should i wrote the new sentence, i want to write ? sorry for my lack of knowledge in this hope you'll understand.
    1266 x 694 - 54K
  • Default Browser
    that was a script for Tampermonkey
  • CSS is made for changing the design.
    Changing text concerns the content, not the design.
    --> Use Greasemonkey / Tampermonkey / Violentmonkey
  • Default Browser
    Indeed you can change text content of html element using :before/:after suffix.
    But it is forbidden for input buttons, for some safety reasons, I think
  • Indeed you can change text content of html element using :before/:after suffix. But it is forbidden for input buttons, for some safety reasons, I think

Not possible to use ::before/::after on input elements.
    But it is possible on < button >

Also ::before/::after are called pseudo elements.

• still me ^^; sry again so i got tampermonkey , i create a new script an import the code you wrote me, but how should i made it able to change the " Recherche google " (yea i'm using it on www.google.fr) into something like " hello ", tried to change the "google.com" and " google find "in the code to fit the name in the button and the address of the website i'm using, but it didn't work , what do i miss this time ?
  • It was tricky, but I did it in css.
    @-moz-document url-prefix("https://www.google.") {
    input[name="btnK"] {
    font-size: 0px!important;
    width: 123px; /* width for left button */
    }
    .jsb>center:before {
    content: "CLICK MEEE!"; /* text for left button */
    left: 108px; /* align text for left button */
    top: 5px;
    position: relative;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #757575;
    }
    input[name="btnI"] {
    font-size: 0px!important;
    width: 144px; /* width for right button */
    }
    .jsb>center:after {
    content: "I'm Feeling Great"; /* text for right button */
    right: 128px; /* align text for right button */
    top: 5px;
    position: relative;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #757575;
    }
    .jsb>center:hover:before,
    .jsb>center:hover:after {
    color: #222;
    }
    }
  • hi and thx pabli , i tried on the theme i'm making or even in a blank new theme but it doesn't seem to work for me u can see on the picture
    1920 x 661 - 62K
    1920 x 652 - 95K
  • Click Import on the left side and there put my code and overwrite style.

trespassersW solution is better.