Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Facbook comments contained in a roundish White background with ultra light blue text suddenly.

This seems to effect ALL "dark facebook styles" that i have tried.

Comments

• i found a work around and will paste the guys whole post so he gets proper credit. --

Robert Rivera (Robertar)
    December 2017 in Style Reviews ChromeFlag
    Hi all.

Recently I noticed that I had white comments (the new bubbles Facebook put in). So I went digging in the html code and found the new div responsible for it. I gave the div a new background, and it is now a dark blue, much better than the new white. The "Like" buttons still have some white to it, but this is just a hack, and better than nothing. I've only tried 3 browsers, and they all worked with my new code. Here is the code below and how to apply it:

Chrome and Firefox code and instructions:

.UFICommentActorAndBody
    {background: #1d2129 !important}
    ._10lo _10lp
    .UFICommentLikeButton

Now, copy and paste the code and open up Stylish in your browser extension. Select Edit for the style "Simply Black Facebook". It should be a pencil icon. A text code editor will open up. Look for line 9 or so where the "Body" tag ends, press Enter to go to a new line, and copy the above code in. Save it and refresh your facebook window. Your comment bubbles should now be a dark blue.

IE (using Tampermonkey, with quotes):

".UFICommentActorAndBody",
    " {background: #1d2129 !important}",
    "._10lo _10lp",
    ".UFICommentLikeButton",

Go to your Tampermonkey extenstion, and select Dashboard. For the script called "Simply Black Facebook", select the Edit icon (pencil and paper) for that script. A text code editor will open up. Look for line 23 or so where the "Body" tag ends, press Enter to go to a new line, and copy the above code in. Save it and refresh your facebook window. Your comment bubbles should now be a dark blue.

Hope this works for you! Happy trails!
  • this returned chat bubble to "nearly normal" for this skin.
  • Hi Daniel! Did you just think about updating the style, because everything is normal for me ;)