Notice: To Install styles, click the "Show Css Code" button first. The install button will work after that.
The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the extension or website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.

How Do I Change Color of Link in Youtube?

edited December 2017 in Style Development Chrome
Hey guys..

Take a look at the attached screenshot. I'd like to change the color of the link circled in red while keeping all other links/words the same color. How do I do that?

Below is the link to that youtube page for your reference. Thanks..
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=firefox+quantum&sp=EgIIBA%3D%3D

Btw, to the troll 'anagrammar'... Dont waste your time. The moment I see your comment I'll ignore it.

1920 x 1080 - 752K

Comments

• Dont waste your time.

Only waste of time is getting sucked into the alternate reality of attempting to help you with your completely fabricated issues. You've been pretending to be clueless for so long that you're actually stuck on stupid.

Already told you that I'm more than happy to go back to ignoring you and your nonsense. If you can keep my name out of your posts, we can do that. If you can't, I'll comment to let anyone else know that you're only here because you get off on wasting other people's time.
  • The thing you circled is not a link, just plain text. By now you should have learned a bit more about inspecting elements and CSS selectors.

Target it with this:

.yt-lockup-content > .yt-lockup-meta+.yt-lockup-meta li:first-of-type 
        { color:red !important; }

• edited December 2017 Chrome

Target it with this:

.yt-lockup-content > .yt-lockup-meta+.yt-lockup-meta li:first-of-type 
        { color:red !important; }

Wassup stonecrusher,

Thanks man. That worked perfectly. Didnt know it was text. When I hover over it my pointer changes like it was a link.

I looked at your links. But I use inspector and am able to modify basic elements. But for this specific element all I found was " .yt-lockup-meta-info > li" in the styles panel of inspector.

My question is, how were you able to find ".yt-lockup-content > .yt-lockup-meta+.yt-lockup-meta li:first-of-type"?

• edited December 2017 Firefox

I didn't just find it but looked at the site structure and considered that combination of selectors. For that you need to know the available selectors.

When inspecting you should have seen that it's not a link (not somewhere inside <a></a>)
    As there can be either one or two .yt-lockup-meta classes on the same level, the + selector seemed appropriate. They are both descendants of .yt-lockup-content, hence the >.
    Last thing, the "space" operator says it should be just somewhere inside the element on the left side. Just looking for list items, choose only the first on a level :first-of-type.

You really should learn about CSS selectors if you are making styles by yourself as we always have the problem that we can't alter the given html structure or add classes.

If you could give everything you want to target an appropriate class name, you wouldn't need sophisticated selectors.

• Hi stonecrusher,

Good to know. I'll look this up. Appreciate the in-depth help. Have a good one.