Notice: To Install styles, click the "Show Css Code" button first. The install button will work after that.
The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the extension or website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.

Chrome-Extension styles

Hello clever minds!

I just found out that Stylish can in fact apply styles to Chrome extensions.
I have tried to write one myself, but I can't get it to apply.

Anyone got a quick how-to on how you get a style to apply to a Chrome-Extension?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• It can only style its own internal pages, it cannot style pages of other extensions.
  • Ohh that explain things.. poop!

Well thanks for the answer :)
  • I want to explore this subject a little further, please.

I am attempting to tweak the UI of the chrome-extension for LINE messenger.
    Using F12 to bring up the Developer Tools view for that extension's window I find that the "URL" is :-

chrome-extension://ophjlpahpchlmihnnnihgmmeilfjmjjc/index.html

Now I don't know if that jumble of letters is randomly generated each time the extension launches or not and I suspect it does not matter since I can locate the element I wish to tweak and identify CLASS and ID selectors for that element. (Indeed without using stylish I can implement the CSS tweaks I want and they seem to persist for as long as the extension is not closed.)

Of course if I can now cause stylish to recognize when that extension is launched and trigger my tweaks based on a URL like the one above then all would be sweet!

Is this a pipe dream? Or has somebody figured out how to do this type of thing for a chrome-extension successfully?

Cheers!
  • edited February 2018 Chrome

There's nothing to figure out. Neither Chrome extensions nor WebExtensions can change other extensions' pages by design.