Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Read.Amazon.Com overwrite

I'm trying to write a simple style for read.amazon.com. For whatever reason some books don't give me the 'font' options in the reader itself, so I put in a simple stylish that changes the font to helvetica. This is what I have:

#kindleReader_content {
font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}

And this works, however as soon as I click to change pages, the style goes back to the previous font. I'm guessing this is due to the reader app injecting data behind the scenes without doing a page update, if I turn stylish off and on again it reapplies the style correctly until I change the page again. Is there any way currently to setup a trigger to reapply the style? Or maybe to have it reapply every x seconds or something?

Comments

• Maybe a simple

#kindleReader_content {
        font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif !important;
    }

will work?

• Good thought, but sadly no, it didn't. The original font isn't marked important either, so it wasn't overriding the stylish file. I can't seem to follow how the reader works, but it looks like it is either re-downloading or reapplying the css on each load somehow. I did note once I had a book open long enough the style seems to stick, as it does some kind of load into memory for the book's contents and stops giving me a loading screen between pages. I guess that will have to do for now unless there is some other way to fix this.
  • For me only in body font works.
    body {
    font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif !important;
    }
    Maybe check this in stylus instead of stylish
  • edited November 28 Firefox
    Just to be sure... the URL doesn't change or the style should always match the current URL?

If it's loading the CSS asynchronously again, there's not much you can do to my knowledge.
    Then it's not an issue of specifity, but on how styles are applied by the extension. So maybe try another extension as Pabli mentioned and see if it works.

In Firefox another approach could be applying the Style to the userContent.css directly.
    I can't test it because I have no kindle books, but if it also happens in Firefox, the error is system inherent.
  • Yeah, the url does not change, and the style does match the url. @Palbi, I did have to change what it applied to, the specific content tag I used was one I kept tinkering with, that particular one I posted was wrong, but I do have a working style. I'll check out stylus when I get a chance.