Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stylish 1.8.3 for Chrome broke all installed styles completely, no further styles can be installed

Hi,

I just lost my user styles in Chrome, then I found the extension was disabled due to extra permissions. Once I re-enabled it, the styles were all gone. When I attempted to reinstall them or any new ones, none of them actually appear in any installed lists.

I suspect 1.8.3 had something to do with this. I don't see any error messages about a corruption anywhere either.

What's going on?
739 x 273 - 22K
767 x 674 - 142K
979 x 546 - 22K
269 x 601 - 13K

Comments

• Wow, that was some major screwiness. What ended up fixing this is force restarting Chrome. Even chrome://restart couldn't kill the running version, I had to force kill it from task manager, and the stuck process was up to 2.5GB of RAM.

Once I restarted, all the scripts came back, and Stylish was working again.
  • Wow, it happened again. I was able to see my user styles, but couldn't do anything with them. The changes wouldn't stick.

Restarting hung up again with this, had to kill the process.
    687 x 111 - 12K
  • Artem, is this still happening to you?
  • Thinkpad4 said:

Artem, is this still happening to you?

It hasn't happened since I uninstalled the new Flattr extension which I tied to causing this bug somehow. It was using CPU and tons of RAM, and I wasn't even signed into Flattr. I am not sure if it somehow triggers a bug in Chrome itself, but once I uninstalled it, the issues with Stylish stopped.
  • Ok, thanks for the info