Inverts images on page

About: Dark Google Calendar (2019) Good rating
edited November 2017 in Style Reviews Chrome
Needs .gb_Lc, .gb_Za in Reverse Inversion filter.

Comments

• Hey Shem,
    I guess you are talking about the navigation bar. On my side, the images are fine, so I don't see the point of reversing the inversion.

If you can, please elaborate on that problem and I will see what I can do.

• I've come across this as well, and have linked a couple of screenshots of, in particular, the user switcher, along with the following tweak which seems to fix this:

*:before,img {
        filter: invert(100%) hue-rotate(180deg)!important;
    }

Basically, reverse the invert, and re-rotate the hue by another 180deg, which takes it back to normal. (this 100% invert may not be the best as the theme only natively inverts by 90%, though inverting by 90% results in washed out colours)

Screenshots:
    Before: https://imgur.com/WcpwUgw
    After: https://imgur.com/zpiaVuP

Hope this helps :)

• ^^This code works wonders!
  • Thanks @"Aaron Moorley"!

This is the fix I was looking for.
    I've applied it in the latest update. :)
  • Updated as I realised that the + in the "Create" button (top-left) is also affected by this -

*:before,img,svg {
        filter:invert(100%) hue-rotate(180deg)!important;
    }

• Right, I think it looks better with the + affected.

The only downside is the white bar on the left side of the date selection panel that I cannot get rid of.

• edited January 5 [?]

No best exlude imgage by :not() - but this should must use similar code too:

body *:not(img):not(svg) {
        -webkit-filter: invert(90%) hue-rotate(180deg)!important;
        filter: invert(90%) hue-rotate(180deg)!important;
    }

?

If unless there is an even greater lags on the page and works in this method.

• I've already checked that before and it's not so convenient to work with :not selector.
  • Found a solution to the white bar!

Turns out, each of the date elements in the date picker have a :before with a background colour. The global invert changes it to black, and the :before selector on the fix I posted above was flipping it back to white.

Updated code is as follows:

*:not([data-date]):before, img, svg {
        filter: invert(100%) hue-rotate(180deg) brightness(1.1) contrast(105%)!important;
    }

Basically just look for all the :before elements, except the ones in the date picker. Seems to work all right from my (limited) testing :)

• Thank you, @"Aaron Moorley"!

It works perfectly.
    I've included the fix in the latest update and as before expressed my gratitude to you in the description.

• Not a problem at all - glad to be of assistance :)