Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a Code or App that Disables Other Apps?

I use an app called "Simple Form Fill". The problem is it conflicts with Google. I've reached out to the dev about it but hes hesitant about fixing it. Anyway is there a code or app that disables an app when I go to a specific URL like Google?

Comments

• Is it an extension? Unlike user scripts engines, which include a way to exclude sites, I don't think there is a way to do that to extensions.

What kind of conflict does it cause?
  • edited August 3 Chrome
    Lastpass was buggy on certain sites for me, so I wanted to disable it automatically on those sites. I found NooBoss which has a feature to automatically disable, not only for domains, but for specific URLs via regexp. It'll re-enable once the specified URL tab is closed.

Eventually, I got rid of Lastpass altogether in favor of BitWarden. Only disadvantage is the lack of autofill, which supposedly is a bad idea for password managers anyway, because of security issues with the feature. It was convenient, but I don't miss it that much.

Anyway, automatic disabling of extensions with Nooboss worked in Chrome. I see you're using Opera here. Good chance it'll work for Opera as well, using Download Chrome Extension. Not all Chrome extensions work flawlessly in Opera though. Not available for FF, and I don't use FF, so I'd have no recommendation there.
  • Jefferson said:

Is it an extension?

What kind of conflict does it cause?

Yes its an extension. The conflict is it superimposes a drop down list over google's drop down list when you enter the first few letters in gogole search. Very annoying. Any fix?

• Lastpass was buggy on certain sites for me, so I wanted to disable it automatically on those sites. I found NooBoss which has a feature to automatically disable, not only for domains, but for specific URLs via regexp. It'll re-enable once the specified URL tab is closed.

Hi there.. Do you know of any autofill extensions for firefox? Need one that doesnt superimpose its drop down over google's search. Let me know!

• Are you posting from Opera for some reason in particular, Lionel?

• calico女 said:

Are you posting from Opera for some reason in particular, Lionel?

Hi there... because [twm="true"]. If anyone can decipher my random stream of consciousness... Let me know!
  • edited August 4 Chrome
    calico女 said:

Are you posting from Opera for some reason in particular, Lionel?

Yeah its work related. So do you have any suggestions for an extension for autofill that doesnt superimpose the drop down on google search?
  • Did you search the Chrome extension store to see what's available?
  • Jefferson said:

Did you search the Chrome extension store to see what's available?

Hi jeffersons,

No I dont use chrome I need one for the firefox. Let me know, would appreciate it.
  • Your posts have a Chrome icon, so I just assumed.

I don't use form fillers, so you'll need to research this for yourself, for example, on the Mozilla Add-ons site.