Google Logo

TRTTRT
edited October 2007 in userstyles.org
This morning, the logo for my customized iGoogle page changed from what I specified and now shows the Google
Sputnik anniversary logo.

This is my normal logo for this page:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9603/myigoogleon6.png

I tried changing the reference for the Google 'Sputnik' anniversary logo to mine with the following code change, but it simply overlays on top of mine.

/*My iGoogle logo*/
#regular_logo, #logo, .GSEALOG {
text-align:right !important;
position:relative !important;
top:0px !important;
bottom:12px !important;
width:260px !important;
height:75px !important;
background-image:url(http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9603/myigoogleon6.png) !important;
}

What edits are required to always show only my logo?

Comments

• Is it still doing that? I just looked at mine and it's the regular logo.

I'd guess that Google temporarily changed the html or the style sheet to rename #regular_logo to something else. That's the element that has the background image.

.gsealog doesn't have a background image so you could probably delete that. I couldn't find #logo.
  • Everything's back to normal this morning.

I did try to delete the sputnik logo with:

.gsealog {display:none !important;}

but that blocked displaying all Google logo's, including mine.

This is probably going to happen again as Google makes seasonal
    changes to it's logo (Thanksgiving, Halloween, etc) so I guess I'll
    just have to wait until it changes back.
  • Posted By: TRTEverything's back to normal this morning.

I did try to delete the sputnik logo with:

.gsealog {display:none !important;}

but that blocked displaying all Google logo's, including mine.
    I meant delete it from your style, not delete the element.

You don't need to apply the background-image property to .gsealog because it doesn't have that property to begin with.
  • Thanks. I'm still learning and apparently have a lot to learn yet.

On a slightly different but related topic, what is the proper syntax to load images for my Theme from my hard drive rather than a hosting site. For example, to load a particular drop-down arrow I now use:

.fmaxbox{background-image:url(http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4997/downarrowph4.gif) !important;}

I prefer load this from my hard drive directly from the directory:

F:/MyDocuments/Icons/FF-Igoogle Icons/dropdown arrow-gray.gif

I know the forward slashes used in the path shown above should be backslashes, but they don't show up when I type
    them that way.
  • .fmaxbox{background-image:url( " " );} Stylish can take care of the rest with the built-in Insert Data URI.
    Put the cursor in the space then click Insert > Data URI, browse to the image you want and the code will be inserted.
  • file:///C:/images/image.png
    or resource:/images/image.png
    then put image.png in program files\firefox\images
  • Thanks jw25. That worked perfectly.

ChoGGi, I'd also like to try your recommendations too, but I'm apparently not formatting something correctly.

I tried the two suggestions you made with the following code:

.fmaxbox {resource:/icons/dropdown arrow-gray.gif !important;}
    .fmaxbox {file:///F:/My Documents/iGoogle Icons/dropdown arrow-gray.gif !important;}

I got an error each time saying 'resource' and 'file' were unknown properties.

Also, my program directory for Firefox images is Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/Icons.
  • edited October 2007
    .fmaxbox{background-image:url("resource:/icons/dropdown arrow-gray.gif")!important}
    the folder you put it in doesnt matter as long as its in your firefox folder
  • Thanks ChoGGI, that worked great.

By the way, a while back you provided some edits I asked for, for the Google Finance Portfolio,
    and I couldn't get it to work at that time. I then changed to the Advanced Portfolio and like it
    better.

Afterwards, I reinstalled the Google Finance Portfolio in a separate tab and re-applied your edits
    and they work just as they were intended. I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but just
    wanted you to know your advice was correct as usual.

Thanks