Update about Userstyles new design release

Comments

• Couldn't find that problem explicitly so far, so see this bug:
    Every time I am logging in or out on the main page, I get a site in a site.
    FireShot Pro Screen Capture
    Maybe that is already covered by item 12 from your previous post.
  • Is this the latest version for firefox? Stylish 2.0.7

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

Why is there a thread in the stylish board about 1.7.0 being live is that just really old?
  • Is this the latest version for firefox? Stylish 2.0.7

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

Why is there a thread in the stylish board about 1.7.0 being live is that just really old?

The Chrome extension is a completely different code base with its own versioning.
  • edited May 2017 Firefox
    natalieg said:

Comments Order - the Discussions area on Style pages has comments that are sorted from most recent added to least (note the forum is sorted by most recently updated).
    Fine thanks, but the link is not clickable, we still have to use the "see more" button... It's pretty annoying.
    And links in"description" and "notes from latest update" too...
  • Where is the sorting? Why did you spoil the site? It's horrible.
    It would be better to update the FF version of Stylish than this.
  • I'm still cannot install or update any style. The button to do it just won't press. Using the latest version of the Vivaldi browser.
  • A lot of styles have disappeared from the search. Although the old links, they exist.
  • Waterfox

... It would be better to update the FF version of Stylish than this.

Oh no! There's enough posting from angry chrome users as is. Hands off Fx Stylish!

• What the beep is waterfox can I install it along side firefox never heard of it. The backgroud on there website is best ever seen. How dis they do that? https://www.waterfoxproject.org/
  • Do You remember the old times, where search engines where embedded in a big mess of blinking and flashing useless crap, invented to distract; to lead to waste of time? Then appeared Google with only the essentially minimum for best user experience and usability, just like the old userstyles.org. Look where are the other sites now. Only paranoids are using these nowadays.
    It appears that someone has done some research of user behavior. But not with the viewpoint of a user. I suspect, the new design intents to make place for distractions of all kinds, especially for those which pay per click. It is understandable, you want to place your sponsors somewhere, but the left panel is just not the right place for it. And I fear this "Top Styled Sites" section is just a first step.
    I use userstyles.org rather seldom myself. But when, then i am at some other site, stumbling over something annoying like a fixed login/search bar. Then I click at the stylish icon and select "Nach Styles für diese Seite suchen..." from the menu. In case of userstyles.org it leads to https://userstyles.org/styles/browse?category=userstyles.org. However, the location.search of the URL is completely ignored for the search results except for the heading!
    After I click onto the "2" button, location changes to https://userstyles.org/styles/browse?page=2. At this point location.search has completely forgotten what I was looking for. I hope this get fixed soon, otherwise no user has a chance to find my styles.
  • edited May 2017 Yandex Browser
    I can't even install styles anymore. (chrome)
    You completely loss site !styles not are already 5 weeks.When you press the button to set styles are not loaded!Not one style!
  • styles that have a lot of options now need to delete the style when they want to change the options, this is a ballache, why cant they have a reinstall button, many styles rely on options, having to delete just to change options is dumb.
  • so a week later, it's still shit. what am I supposed to do when I click on Twitter or what not on the sidebar? click through however many pages of styles there are?
    -
    natalieg said:

Hi All,

I'd like to thank you again for your very helpful feedback. It helped us in significantly shortening the time of bug fixes and urgent feature releases and keep in deadline with our previously published list of releases.

the what? how about you test your nonsense first, instead of throwing it all up on unsuspecting users and then acting surprised that it's a nightmare to use? or how about actually asking users what they want, instead of deciding for them, since you so care? no? time for a domain upgrade then, uselessstyles.org is more than apt.

• anytime you want to change a Style's settings you need to delete the style and reselect the settings I think for Styles with settings just keep the update style button displayed at all times that way you won't need to reload the page just to apply styles
    CodyMKW said:

anytime you want to change a Style's settings you need to delete the style and reselect the settings I think for Styles with settings just keep the update style button displayed at all times that way you won't need to reload the page just to apply styles

Yes, they should do that (how it used to work).

There's a hack if you need to experiment with numerous different style settings combinations. See: https://forum.userstyles.org/discussion/comment/113059/#Comment_113059

That's not very convenient to apply, but further down in the thread, there's a Greasemonkey userscript to automatically embed the workaround on every page as you load it.
  • In new styles I receive a warning about a missing screenshot (click on the yellow exclamation mark), but in fact there is a screenshot and it's displayed both as thumbnail and also in full view of the stylepage.
  • This warning also appears in one of my styles.
  • Puh, that IFRAME in an IFRAME in an IFRAME ... really kills the site currently :-(
  • I can't install any style, for any page. Is it due to the update?
    Great update.
    Real glad the search bar STILL doesn't work.

Seriously guys. I get you wanted to modernize the look of the site, but did nobody like, you know, try to use the site before deciding to go live with an update that makes the site completely unusable?

And if you don't get what I mean, search "userstyles.org" and observe that you're given results for Google, Youtube, and Facebook. And it's not just my privacy extensions- I already tried killing those.

Come on guys. A cosmetic update shouldn't break the site completely, and you shouldn't go live with a cosmetic update that does so.

EDIT: And for such an important feature which should have triggered a FULL REVERT due to it not working, I'm astounded we're over two weeks in and nothing has been done, not even a stickied thread acknowledging that the search is broken.

What the hell. Swallow your pride and at least let us know it's being worked on.
    Literally made this account *just* so I could complain about this.
  • edited May 2017 Waterfox
    Stop these ugly IFRAMES please ...
    And restore our additional screenshots too.
  • Great update.
    Real glad the search bar STILL doesn't work.

Seriously guys. I get you wanted to modernize the look of the site, but did nobody like, you know, try to use the site before deciding to go live with an update that makes the site completely unusable?

And if you don't get what I mean, search "userstyles.org" and observe that you're given results for Google, Youtube, and Facebook. And it's not just my privacy extensions- I already tried killing those.

Come on guys. A cosmetic update shouldn't break the site completely, and you shouldn't go live with a cosmetic update that does so.

EDIT: And for such an important feature which should have triggered a FULL REVERT due to it not working, I'm astounded we're over two weeks in and nothing has been done, not even a stickied thread acknowledging that the search is broken.

What the hell. Swallow your pride and at least let us know it's being worked on.
    Literally made this account *just* so I could complain about this.

Just gotta accept the devs don't know shit about this site, they are slowly working on things I think, but don't expect the site to be back to functional status like it used to for at least a year+ since it seems to take the devs weeks to ever push anything (even if they give a deadline of like a few days or so it takes several weeks till they seem to remember about the site and push whatever it is was they fixed (or break more things)) and then they disappear again for several weeks or so without a peep or anything. It's been pretty much that way ever since the new devs took over the site.
  • Hi all,

Here's a quick recap of the bug fixes and feature releases we've had in the past week:
    • We've added a line grid option to the style results pages
    • We've added 'Recently Updated' to the sidebar
    • Fixed a font rendering bug some users have experienced
    • Improved site performance by adding cache to 'Newest' and 'Recently Updated'. Note that this means new and updated styles will take about 5 minutes to appear in the style results
    The next fix that we plan to release soon is for the legacy bug of additional screenshots.

That's it for now.

• I think this popup is not necessary. And when I updated my style, it appeared immediately in recently updated.
    472 x 187 - 10K
  • edited May 2017 Waterfox
    Strange :
    Middle click on a result in search don't open it in a new tab.....
    Normally it does.
  • @decembre Same with ctrl + click. It's some side-effect from the new JavaScript bloat. Or maybe it's "a feature".
  • Waterfox
    ;-)
  • Pabli said:

I think this popup is not necessary. And when I updated my style, it appeared immediately in recently updated.

Hi Pabli, it's up to 5 minutes, so it could be you'll see it right away.
    The popup is there to help people that are not reading the forum to understand why styles are not appearing right after they were saved or updated.
  • Ok. I found bug when I set license to "Use my default", It shows as "not set"
  • Hi Natalie

Grateful for the improvements and restoration of style settings.

A major problem still exists with style settings, which is that the 'update style' button only appears on first install, and after that, you have to delete in order to tweak settings. That makes my style, which has over 50 style settings for those who want a full on skin generator, rather useless.

As has already been mentioned, a page refresh should allow for a style settings update to appear by default.

You're half way there - don't compromise on these essential functions.