Update about Userstyles new design release

Comments

• I asked this before.

But why does the site look just like the OTHER site that scraps themes from here?????

The extension, after you fsck it up also looks like that OTHER extension from that site. I wont post a link to it, as I'm almost positive that the new "team" runs both.

@natalieg I would love to have some answers.
  • edited April 2017 Chrome
    Your Fired! Jason we want you back. You killed the site, you stylish sucks now. I had to do a tut on Stylus because stylish is not designed for theme creators anymore.

Your search sucks on finding themes. Type in: Userstyles blue and it finds nothing. If you type in Userstyles midnight it finds Userstyles midnight blue. Just an example that will make it way more harder to find older themes. You removed the image slider. What's the point for uploading 5 other images now.

The list of problems above this comment. Sending anonymous data to your site is completely wrong. Fix this site or i'm sure one of us will rebuild it the right way and move to that site. Just my input. Don't like it don't care.
  • natalieg said:

4. Sometimes main screenshot doesn't show in preview section - we're investigating this. Will keep you posted when we know more.

In one case, I noticed instead of the Primary Screenshot being displayed, the earliest screenshot I uploaded is displayed. Perhaps there is some logic based on upload date or a numeric index being used instead of preferring the author's designated primary image.
  • natalieg said:

8. Preview is cropped and doesn't show in original size - since the preview image is bigger than it used to be, we couldn't put the original size since in some cases it looked bad or was blurry. We've added to the style creation page recommended dimensions, and we suggest you follow them to make sure your style is presented in the optimal way.

The recommended size says "at least" but using larger images is what leads to the cropping. Can you restore a "lightroom" style display so users considering a script can see the full image?

You need "helpful feedback"? ok...
    1. Back all to old version
    2. Create local environment and while develop a new version
    3. Test new version in local environment
    4. Publish new version to test. subdomain
    5. Get feedback about new version
    6. Continue develop on local environment and fix all
    7. Publish fixed version to test. subdomain
    8. Repeat 4-7 until it is good
    9. Wait Appulse!
    10. Deploy new version to production

// Sorry for my english

• edited May 2017 Firefox
    /
  • edited April 2017 Firefox
    btw if you run find styles for this site in the firefox extension it shows everything but styles for that site
  • And why not mobile-friendly?
  • What the hell is this restyle? Every search i do returns nothing!
    Don't get me wrong i'm ok with a restyle or improvement as long as it is functional. I'm running Palemoon on Linux with stylish 2.0.7
  • Yandex Browser
    The new design makes the site absolutely useless!
    you:
    1) deleted search
    2) destroyed custom styles
    3) destroyed the normal display of styles in vertical order
    4)

In general, you destroyed all the good that was in this site.
    Thank you very much and good luck.

Oh yes. Your "philosophy" is more like the suffering of two students who do not know anything about design.

Open Wikipedia and read what design is. What is UI and UX.
  • Sometimes the new changes are good. This is NOT the case.
  • q1k said:

natalieg said:

6. Missing Advanced Search - this is not a bug, it's by design. We're made many improvements to style discovery, which we believe delivers a good user experience. Additionally, based on our stats, usage of advanced settings was very low.

""Oh not many people are using this, let's remove it.""
    That's a load of bulcrap, I think you broke the whole thing by those "improvements" so you just decided it's not worth to reinvent the advanced search.
    Your current stupid style discovery isn't doing anything.

The old way also searched styles based on their description and I believe the "Notes" section as well. Now nothing works.
    Go ahead and search "youtube badge", it finds nothing. And previously it showed a whole page with styles all which had youtube and/or badge in the name or description.

I often searched for new styles based on the 'Updated Date' (which btw was available in the advanced search) and I could even combine stuff like searching styles of a certain website with an additional query. Now I can't do that.

So you just removed a perfectly working advanced search for absolutely no reason.

I think you rushed this update.
    It should have been released under a subdomain like 'beta.userstyles.org' and people can send feedback and you can improve it separately, and once it's good it may go live. But instead you went and broke the whole website, there is more problems than there were 5 years ago.

True.
  • haha its still the same, this is comedy. How long before styles work again with options?
  • Harder to use, against humanity, aesthetic shape
    难用至极,反人类,审美堪忧

I could check redesign trimmed down long code from style settings at least on this archived style https://userstyles.org/styles/87110/private-browsing-bars (you can not see it because settings doesn't work on main style pages, but I can see it on edit page). So it seems redesing is reducing allowed settings space. If I edit the code changing nothing, just for the site engine to re-assess the code, it yields error where previous site allowed issuing because code was complete before this change.
  • I actually like the new design, a couple bugs notwithstanding.
    Any idea when the screenshot/preview issues are going to be fixed?
    simontv said:

haha its still the same, this is comedy. How long before styles work again with options?

They said end of next week, but by their "end of next week" it means sometime in the next 3-6 months since they can't ever seem to meet there deadline or they keep pushing things back.
  • @JourneyOver And web cache on search engines (to still be able to get the right code through settings) won't last.

• how to ruin a good site

1. ignore users
    2. ignore users
    3. post "I know many of you are excited as we are,"
    4. ?
    5. users flee
  • Jooch said:

What the hell is this restyle? Every search i do returns nothing!
    Don't get me wrong i'm ok with a restyle or improvement as long as it is functional. I'm running Palemoon on Linux with stylish 2.0.7

and are slow as f*
  • davidboo said:

Jooch said:

What the hell is this restyle? Every search i do returns nothing!

and are slow as f*
    the searches that is
  • Simplicity ≠ Good Design

The advanced options are broken
    Some search terms are broken
    The advanced search is removed

This is new design is just trash
  • natalieg said:

Hi All,

I know many of you are excited as we are, about the upcoming release of the new design of Userstyles.org.

The work on the new design was fascinating and challenging. We gained from it some interesting use cases and insights that the front-end developers among might find interesting, and that we hope to share with you soon.

We're planning to release in the coming days. Just a reminder - we’re going with a gradual release (see details here: https://forum.userstyles.org/discussion/54610/sneak-peek-in-on-the-new-design-of-userstyles/p1).

We haven’t had the chance yet to implement changes that some of you brought up when we first announced this is happening. These will be handled in near future releases (we’ll keep you posted).

As always, any feedback is appreciated once we go live.

Wish us luck :)

I should have checked this forum earlier, but the changes to it are nice. Couple of things though I've noticed are a problem. The main image for skins seems to be pushed in favor of the secondary images. The bigger issue is that CC attributions aren't set even though my defaults show that I am using it. There are easy, but tedious workarounds, but I thought you ought to know.
    Props for attempting to give the site a design refresh, overall it ticks the modern look checkbox on the surface but functionally it's a bit of a mess atm even from just my brief impressions.

- The login opens a frame within the page when logging in via the non-OpenAuth login which loads the entire page again within itself
    - The search results all have non-correct aspect ratios making thumbnails squished
    - Results also no longer have descriptions (or even full titles) to read making deciding on which to check out a huge step backwards
    - The userstyle pages scale smaller screenshots to the full screenshot container making them awfully pixelated (not all screenshots are going to be full page, some only affect a small portion of the site which for many styles was reflected with appropriately cropped screenshots)
    - When Cloudflare.com Javascript isn't enabled clicking the next page doesn't return the next results from the search query but instead the main page (not a big issue but noting for visitors with Javascript disabled initially).

To be honest it seems like it was designed as a mockup before testing it with existing site content and without realizing the benefits of the old design. At the very least there needs to be an alternate view for search results that carries the previous layout (full rows with left-aligned screenshots and title/description on right) so users can see the screenshots in their correct aspect ratio and read the full title and get a sense of what the userstyles do from the descriptions. 1:1 scaling for screenshots under the max image container size on style pages would also be an improvement.
  • Jefferson said:

natalieg said:

8. Preview is cropped and doesn't show in original size - since the preview image is bigger than it used to be, we couldn't put the original size since in some cases it looked bad or was blurry. We've added to the style creation page recommended dimensions, and we suggest you follow them to make sure your style is presented in the optimal way.

The recommended size says "at least" but using larger images is what leads to the cropping. Can you restore a "lightroom" style display so users considering a script can see the full image?
    What do you think about adding back the lightbox effect so that users can see the image in full size.
  • natalieg said:

Jefferson said:

natalieg said:

What do you think about adding back the lightbox effect so that users can see the image in full size.
    I think exist things, such as search and settings are more important
  • Which style also can not be installed.
    The install button does not respond.
  • natalieg said:

Jefferson said:

natalieg said:

Oops, yes, I meant lightbox, not lightroom.

Two things:

1. Please being back advanced search. Default search will show a lot of outdated and irrelevant results. For the years I've been using Stylish, using the advanced search functions to sort by date updated and weekly installs was the best way to find good skins.

2. When logging in from the forums, there isn't a proper redirect to the forum topic, which results in the frame being nested inside of the main site. I'm sure this isn't the intended behavior.

The redesign is very aesthetically pleasing; I hope you can re-implement advanced search and work out the kinks.

• So... I've had a custom theme/style on ROBLOX for a while now, and I went to change it, but now I can't?? Like, wtf?