Update about Userstyles new design release

Comments

• edited May 2017 Firefox
    Someone probably already posted it, but I'd like to point out that the preview images have some horrible compression. Additionally we still cannot view the other attached screenshots.

On an unrelated subject, the "No Redistribution" license shows "Not Set" on the styles. The old version did a "@ Username" and linked to the authors profile (which some users like myself have some customized license terms). I would like this back.
  • edited May 2017 Chrome
    DeathTBO said:

Someone probably already posted it, but I'd like to point out that the preview images have some horrible compression.

Check the image URLs. They are literally using thumbnails as the main (and only) screenshots. Not stupid enough for you? On top of using stretched out thumbnails, which are distorted beyond recognition, they've also stretched them further beyond their containers by using:
    background-size: cover; instead of background-size: contain;.

It's a comedy of incompetence at this point.
  • edited May 2017 Firefox
    /
  • Please, in addition to fixing the numerous bugs here exhaustively reported, bring back the RSS of this url:
    https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/newest-styles
  • Logo in the header of redesigned userstyles.org displays the Stylish extension (chrome) symbol and reads "Stylish". That is just wrong. Those were and should remain two distinct things.

https://userstyles.org/ui/images/stylish-logo-2.svg
  • Кто мне объяснит, почему не работает синяя кнопка "Install"?
  • hippyjake said:
    my main issue is the userstyles.org extension is passable. but the new website is disaster NOTHING WORKS, NOTHING.

someone tell me where is the advance search? how am I supposed to search for new/popular/updated styles? do the developers actually use the website?
  • edited June 2017 Chrome
    where is the advance search? without advance search this site is useless.
  • rant incoming.....

Userstyles.org is the picture perfect example of making a perfectly working but not too fancy looking site and turning it into an absolute sh*tshow.

It's just beautiful.
    Here's how it went:

-Hey! Here's an idea! Let's f*ck up the search system, cause' you know... why not....
    -And while we're at it, let's take out the additional options system....
    -And let's take out the multiple thumbnails, one is enough, but make it like REALLY BLURRY, just for the heck of it!!!!

GENIUS !!!!!

Add to that, that now you're taking analytics about what sites the users view is just the icing on the cake.

THANKS

YOU'RE A LEGEND

https://goo.gl/q2Kd8p
  • So, I took a backseat after getting praise from users and being completely ignored by admins in this discussion... and the site is still a total mess. Can't find working styles because the search has no sorting options, some people can't install styles, screenshots are blurry as hell, the site even started having problems talking with the Stylish extension from time to time for me... This is dead, right? It won't be fixed, it will remain broken and filled with bugs and problems until we all leave? That's the point admins are making. It's been over a month and the website is still broken. I give up.
    what they have done to this website? everything is broken now. WTF?
  • If I had the time, I'd totally make a brand new site for userstyles.
  • And Vanilla forums are really out of fashion now. Switch to Flarum, please.
  • DummZ said:

Add to that, that now you're taking analytics about what sites the users view is just the icing on the cake.

Mind explaining this? Do you mean the site or the Stylish addon?

No please, the forums are literally the only thing the devs have not touched/broken yet, I say they are never allowed to touch these forums as they would literally break everything.
  • If I had the time, I'd totally make a brand new site for userstyles.

You can just pick the old one.

• How does one view the most recent App styles? It appears they cannot be sorted by "newest" or "recently updated".
  • well fuck,when they gonna update this shitshow of mess?
    Is this site ever going to be fixed or are the developers being paid to sit on their hands? I thought I would just wait and let the dust settle but it has been weeks and nothing resembling finally fixed is here... I guess it will never be done or fixed. Just go back to the old one like everyone says and work out the bugs before releasing a bug filled site... some parts are fixed but not the search or the screenshots... still have the error "This style is missing a screenshot. Please read tips for posting screenshots."
  • style's thumbnails are all extremely blurry.
  • There's only one way to fix all of this: Bring the old site back.
    There's nothing, absolutely NOTHING stupider and more moronic in history of humankind, than doing a total overhaul of a site whose purpose is to provide a service which sidesteps overhauls and provides userscripts as an alternative method to change the designs of sites; while in the process failing at it while hosting thousands of users who specialize in webcoding and web design.
    This is beyond irony, this is beyond stupidity, this is just plain and simple complete cerebral shutdown.
    Imagine the marketing newsline: "Website, specializing in providing redesigns of other websites, is broken itself and even its designer userbase can't help it."
    Just marvelous.
  • Кто мне объяснит, почему не работает синяя кнопка "Install"?

Сайт уже пару месяцев конкретно поломан. Ни у кого не работает. Так что не удивляйся

I bet they would break forum too if they try to migrate :D
  • please bring back the old version, with that I could actually find styles I wanted
  • Waterfox
    seems nobody read our complains...
  • Would love to get 20 of you capable souls together and build a new site that actually works with all the functionality that we need. Then we can just completely move on and into a new direction. I have the utmost confidence that our userbase can create a REAL v2.0 that actually works.

• Thank you for trying to cheer us up
  • I came here trying to figure out how to find the newest/updated styles for a specific site, and by the comments that isn't an option currently with the recent site update.

HOW the @$^% did that get left out?
  • WOLead said:

HOW the @$^% did that get left out?

You see, it's a "feature"... Apparently nobody used that, so they say they've removed it. Thing is, the way shit went down, they probably have no clue how to code that. They don't know how to build a website at all, that's the level of incompetence they're showing us since April and the failed launch of the re-designed Userstyles gutted of ALL advanced functionality and lacking in even the basics. And despite all this feedback, anger, shock, sadness, threats of leaving and desperate pleas for bringing back the old Userstyles... we don't even get a "fuck off", just vague promises and missed deadlines. All the time the website is unusable, bordering on totally broken, depending on browser and extension used with it.