Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STYLISH IS A BUG/MALWARE

edited March 17 in Stylish Chrome
idk what it is but just recently, this stupid plugin decided to mess with my chrome settings. LITERALLY EVERY TIME I CLOSE OUT OF CHROME stylish has this FUNNY IDEA to log me out of everything and DELETE ALL of my themes so EVER TIME i open up chrome, i literally have to RE LOG BACK IN TO EVERYTHING AND INSTALL ALL OF MY THEMES INTO THE 1000000000000 (what it feels like) WEBSITES i go on. this is very infuriating and the developers better update and fix this shit because nothing else i've done has worked and i'm now about to format EVERYTHING for the MILLIONTH TIME

Comments

• can someone AT LEAST tell me what's going on here instead of just ignoring just because it looks like spam???
  • Users have had a lot of gripes with the new version of Stylish, but the database spontaneously combusting hasn't been one of them. It has a new backup feature, so once you have everything installed the way you want, you should be able to "export" everything to a single file. That way, even if something goes wrong, reinserting your entire DB is simple and quick.

As for why your styles are disappearing, most times it's due to a corrupted Chrome profile, so I'd suggest either starting with a fresh profile or completely reinstalling Chrome altogether. That's a bitch, and probably not something you want to hear, so maybe test things out in a Chrome portable or Canary first to see if it resolves your issues.

It's worth noting that I haven't used the new version of Stylish for the last few months. I didn't like it, so I moved on to something different, but I haven't seen any reports similar to yours.
  • If you have problems with Stylish, then install Stylus instead. It is a stripped down version without all the privacy issues and bloatware of Stylish. I'm using it and love it...:)
  • If you have problems with Stylish, then install Stylus instead. It is a stripped down version without all the privacy issues and bloatware of Stylish. I'm using it and love it...:)

or if you already have a tool like grease/violent/tampermonkey then you can install any userstyle as a userscript instead
  • Kurim,

I didn't know you can use userstyle in those 3 script managers. Thanks for the info. Just learned something...:)