Need help to change YouTube caption font

Hi, I want to change the font of YouTube's caption in the Malayalam language to "Noto Sans Malayalam" font. When I try to check the class using the 'inspect element' option in Chrome, the only thing I can see is some "element.style" class. I'm able to change the caption's font inside 'inspect element' but not with Stylish. Can anyone help me to change the font?

To view a video with Malayalam caption, please go to and select Malayalam caption.

Comments

• I think what you're looking for is:
    .caption-window .captions-text span {
    font-family: "Noto Sans Malayalam", "Monospace" !important;
    }
    I gotta say though, I don't see much difference at all in Malayalam. That font changes English much more drastically. Pretty good looking font, actually.
  • Wow, thanks a lot!! I've been searching this for a long time. The difference between the default font and Noto-Sans like font is that; in Malayalam, a letter sometimes combine with another letter becoming a new one, something called koottaksharam (compound letter). Please see the attachment below, you can see the difference.

The Top one is in default font and the bottom is in Noto Sans Malayalam font.

For English-caption, I put the default YouTube fonts in the font-family along with Noto Sans, like this:
    .caption-window .captions-text span {
    font-family: Roboto, Noto Sans Malayalam, "Arial Unicode Ms", Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, "PT Sans Caption", sans-serif !important;
    }
    Thanks again :)
    544 x 100 - 26K
  • Sure thing.