Make Changes to White Background and Black Text Only!

Comments

• edited March 2017 Chrome
  • hellotheir,

Your latest updates tonight fixed the white span menu on the New Tab page on Chrome but it broke 3 elements in the upper right corner. All 3 of them disappeared. Please fix again.

As for stocktwits.com, I modified it to make it looks better without breaking anything there. I removed the invert modifier and it looks better now.

Use this code for it:

@supports(-webkit-appearance:none){
    #default-modal *{color:#000!important}
    #default-modal{background-color: #666699 !important}}

Thanks
  • Impressive, you fixed the New Tab page problem that stops interfering with other dark Chrome themes but you introduced another new problem in Gmail. There are some broken elements now as you can see I circled in green in the attached screenshot. As for stocktwits.com, there are also two broken elements. I did a "select all" on the page and they become visible as you can see in the screenshot.

Thanks
    1920 x 1080 - 217K
    1920 x 1080 - 259K
  • Great, you fixed those problem. Stocktwits.com looks nice now. There is one minor broken element on Gmail see if you can fix it. It is the "Print all" icon disappearing. If not, then no big deal. Just don't break anything else by fixing that tiny one.... :)) See my screenshot for reference.

It is getting to close to be the perfect global dark style out there. Once I cannot find bugs anymore, I will make a donation for your hard work.

Keep up the outstanding work!
    1920 x 1080 - 249K
  • I agree, css is not an advanced language unlike the others and cannot do anything we want. I found bestbuy.com has quite a few broken elements toward the top of the page. Paypal.com and discover.com both had their images inverted badly. Can you reverse them back to normal?

Seems like you had fixed all the bugs I've mentioned previously, excellent job. I see you changed the name of your style. Just make it short "Every Sites to Black" and remove (Ch & Op) which I don't know what they mean.

I think you should remove the font fix for your style because I like to have it separate so when I turn style off, I still want the font fix to always run. You can mention "chrome font fix" and direct it to: "https://userstyles.org/styles/111304/chrome-font-fix" on your style page on userstyles.org. Let users know that they need it to complement your style which helps improve the text quality with your style on or off. It's a global font fix for Chrome. I added the * selector so that all text is applied, even on the extensions themselves.

Code:

* {text-shadow: 0px 0px 0px !important; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px !important;}

I removed the antialiased property since it is useless and doesn't work as I've had carefully tested with it on and off on all text, no effect at all which is a useless code.

I also added an active effect to the scrollbar so when users click on it and drag, it changes color so they know they click on it right. I think it is best you add it to your style and make it standard. I added it right under Code 1 section line 13.

Here it is:

::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:active{background:rgba(100,100,200,1)!important}

Great job at fixing the bugs. Much better now. Almost a finished product for the public. :)

Good Day,

hitechlover
  • I don't like to change specific elements for specific sites either. As you explained, those banking sites can be left as they were since they will complicate things if you change the codes for them. Doing that just adding more bloated codes to your style. If you can make it work for all sites, that would be great. For stocktwits.com, can you use global codes to apply to it instead of make a separate change for it.

Some sites uses standard dropdown menu which was left white by most styles out there, including yours. Take a look at: "http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/aapl/charts". All the dropdown menus on the left has white background. Please update your style to use this code on global scale which fixes them:

select * {background-color: black; color: silver;}

Go to marketwatch.com, click on "Search" on the upper right corner, then type in something, the text were blacked out. Can you fix this problem on global scale that doesn't mess other things up?

On wps.com and bestbuy.com, both of them has broken elements at the top of the page. Are they related? Can you fix them on a global scale?
  • I'm not sure if you noticed. There is a problem with your code my Stylus extension detected. Check my screenshot for reference. The code issues doesn't interfere with the functionalities of the websites I tested. There might be some rules your codes don't follow... :)

Try to use global codes on stocktwits.com without making a separate code section for it if you can. If not, then it is fine as it was.

Thanks
    1920 x 1080 - 228K
  • I found your new changes broke elements on both discover.com and stocktwits.com. On Discover, scroll down a little and you will see large white background. On Stocktwits, I scroll down a little and see all white background all the way to the bottom of the page. Same thing on "http://eoption.com/client-login" with white area when scroll down. See screenshot for details. Previous updates doesn't mess these elements. Please look into this.

I see you fixed bestbuy.com page nicely. When you include codes for other browsers in this style, do they slows down loading speed of websites in Chrome? Instead, make a separate style for Firefox and Opera and list them on your style page so people know what to download for their browser. Just a suggestion.
    1920 x 1080 - 301K
  • Yea, those white background hurt my eyes at night.... :))

Another problem on marketwatch.com. Go to the site, click on Search in the upper right corner, the float page went transparent which you cannot see the text when you type in. It wasn't broken the last 2-3 updates. Another minor problem on cnbc.com is the top menu with a black box make the text disappeared. See if you can fix that too since it was introduced in your last 2-3 updates.
    1920 x 1080 - 744K