Opening a Beta Group

Hi Everyone,

We're opening a beta group that will help us create features for Stylish and Userstyles by:
* Reviewing designs and versions before anyone else
* Giving us feedback
* Reviewing suggested features by the community and helping to prioritize them

The idea of having a beta group is to add another layer of feedback from the community, on top of the ones we already have in place - which are the 'New Feature Feedback' forum thread and the trello board.

You don't need to be a developer to join the beta group.

To sign up, send me an email to contact@userstyles.org, with the subject line 'Beta Group'.

Comments

• Waterfox
    Why do you need some secret 'beta group'? Can't you post your betas here for everybody who wants to use them? Never had problems with that before.
    'Giving us feedback' ... what's the point, you don't seem to listen anyway and just feed people the same crap like 'will post a new version sometime next week' ... how long are your weeks? People object to your data collecting move, here and on AMO (just read those late reviews! They're taking you down and out) and you keep feeding lies and some pitiful excuses for ruining what used to be a great ext.
    Watch out people, they probably sell your emails too.

• makondo said:

... how long are your weeks?

LMAO. When I saw that you had commented on this thread, @makondo , I figured it'd be good. You did not disappoint.

This whole stupid "super exclusive, invite only, you must know the secret password" beta group, is SimilarWeb trying to gauge how much interest content creators still have in Stylish after they've converted it into a botnet. My guess? Not much. JonnyRedHed will probably sign up and provide all kinds of useful feedback about Opera.

Most of your useful beta testers have already reached the conclusion that Stylish is a lost cause.

If you Google "Natalie G. SimilarWeb" and you can crack the code as to which one of the top few results has a last name which begins with "G", you are likely looking at her profile pic. Choosing to use a somewhat identifiable username feels like the first genuine move made by any of these SimilarWeb employees.

My opinion on "Justin Hindman"? Proof...or he doesn't exist.

If you look up "Justin Hindman", you'll find practically zero relevant results, which is also what you'll find if you look up the only former project he mentioned being involved with (Mockmeapp). The Github account he's using goes back to 2011, but it had been completely inactive for almost 4 years before becoming associated with Stylish.

The guy is a ghost. It's hard to reach any other conclusion than the fact that this is an intentionally real-sounding, made-up username, intended to obfuscate the fact that Stylish was indeed purchased by SimilarWeb. I'm guessing they thought they could spin the fact that the new ownership is an analytics company, by creating a fictional character to play the role of the overwhelmed developer who came to the stunning realization that he was in way over his head, and in desperate need of partnering with...a data-mining company, obviously. The only logical choice, of course.

They probably went with "Justin Hindman" because "Keyser Söze" was already taken.

This whole charade is all very, very creepy.
  • edited January 15 Firefox

They probably went with "Justin Hindman" because "Keyser Söze" was already taken.

And probably after discarding this.
  • edited January 17 Chrome

makondo said:

... how long are your weeks?

LMAO. When I saw that you had commented on this thread, @makondo , I figured it'd be good. You did not disappoint.

This whole stupid "super exclusive, invite only, you must know the secret password" beta group, is SimilarWeb trying to gauge how much interest content creators still have in Stylish after they've converted it into a botnet. My guess? Not much. JonnyRedHed will probably sign up and provide all kinds of useful feedback about Opera.

Most of your useful beta testers have already reached the conclusion that Stylish is a lost cause.

This whole charade is all very, very creepy.

Opera is my current daily browser driver for sure, using any browser 24/7 one would pick out little bugs and niggles. You should see how I pester Opera..sorry I mean The Golden Shield Project, part of the Great Firewall of China dept in Beijing.

All we have is what's in front of us with regards to Stylish, so we try and help guide Justin and Natalie best we can. I'd like to just give feedback here on the forums. But if this beta group proves not popular with everyone then I guess Natalie will need to adapt.

I would like to just use stylish and offer feedback.
  • Waterfox
    ^
    some good updates coming in 1.7.xx he said
    Really? image Good luck with that. From what we really see happening for 2 months now is a broken ext., promises and lies . You'd be fired from a business with such record.
    This is not whining, this is a demand to either fix everything broken (the trust and the ext.) or hand it to somebody else and get out of the way.
  • edited January 22 Firefox
    [...] they might should shout "Anti-semite!" [...]

EDIT: This was a reponse to another message now removed... just noticing new administration could, and will do in case, obliterate messages unadvertedly. I think I don't like the policy of completely removing any trace of a message in the board, instead of removing the message content but not the message itself.
  • I think the last version 'Jason' had for the tool bar icon drop down features was best. Being able to see right there ALL the styles active for said website/page. This really was very easy to use. And then with the manage, create and search styles for current website.

I wonder is there no way to have this back and to also help you with your other new ideas.

Maybe have all active styles show with on/off check box, in smaller font/rows and then your suggested styles underneath. Obviously checking this works in all browsers and windows DPI scalling 125%-200+
  • edited January 22 Chrome
    So when are these betas supposed to be happening? sent in an email a while back but haven't seen anything in response to a beta yet.. Really hope that backup and restore for styles come back as well soon...
  • So when are these betas supposed to be happening? sent in an email a while back but haven't seen anything in response to a beta yet.. Really hope that backup and restore for styles come back as well soon...

Hi Journey,
    It will be another 1-2 weeks before we can initiate activities with the beta group.
    We're working on setting up the user testing environments, which will allow us to share planned changes in features and UI. Sorry it's taking a bit of time, but we prefer to do it well rather than going half way with a quick solution.