Notice: To Install styles, click the "Show Css Code" button first. The install button will work after that.
The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the extension or website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.

about:blank domain exception for background color

Hi,

I've set the following to have about:blank be displayed in blue :
@-moz-document url("about:blank") {html {background:#004CD0;}}

I omitted the !important so up to now I've encountered no color problem on sites using about:blank
Yet, I encounter a true difficulty on protonmail.com which uses about:blank in its email composition window ... resulting in the background color I've chosen.

I'd like to know if it's possible to insert in the above rule an exception for a given domain :
@-moz-document url("about:blank") {html {background:#004CD0;}} BUT NOT on domain1, domain2

Comments

• Not sure it could be solved any other way, but this is what I am using for some time and haven't ran into troubles described above: instead of altering the the @-moz-document rule (imo this cannot be used to solve given problem in any way) use "defensive" selector to style the body element (instead of html; no worry, background-color of body is applied to whole viewport if not told otherwise):

@-moz-document url("about:blank") {
        head:empty + body:empty { /* ... */ }
    }

(from style 71889)

Looking at other "about:blank" styles more common approach is to use *:empty:not([style]):not([text]):not([class]):not([onresize]), but I don't feel it is better. …Although on the second thought, the :not([style]) makes sense.

• edited April 2016 Firefox
    Thank you very much, myf :)

Your first style works just fine :
    @-moz-document url("about:blank") {head:empty + body:empty {background:#004CD0;}}

I had tried previously the other "about:blank" style which didn't perform correctly, at least when applied to ProtonMail's email compose box, which was -- but ain't no more! - my problem.

I truly appreciate your help. Thanks again :)
  • Pleasure being helpful, thanks for appreciation : ]
  • edited May 2018 Firefox
    Where do you put this css rule? In protonmail's css or the browser's? (If the browser's, what file? .mozilla/firefox/xxxx.default/chrom/userContent.css ??) Thanks.
  • edited May 2018 Firefox
    To re-enable the chrome.css you gotta read this first.
    https://github.com/Izheil/Firefox-57-full-dark-theme-with-scrollbars/tree/master/Scrollbars & tooltips dark theme
    Then, you can edit the whole UI(in which the about: pages are part of).