Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bookmark properties dialogue

edited December 2012 in Style Requests
I've been using this code for awhile now to enlarge the bookmark properties dialogue so that i can see more of the "description" field easily when i click on a bookmark's properties. However, it ALSO enlarges the description field in the "Show All Bookmarks" window, is there a way to modify it to prevent this?

#bookmarkproperties {
max-width: 600px !important;
min-width: 600px !important;
width: 600px !important;
height: 600px !important;
font-family: Consolas !important;
}
#editBMPanel_descriptionField,
#editBMPanel_descriptionRow{height:600px !important}

Comments

• @-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/places/bookmarkProperties.xul) {

#bookmarkproperties {
    max-width: 600px !important;
    min-width: 600px !important;
    width: 600px !important;
    height: 600px !important;
    font-family: Consolas !important;
    }
    #editBMPanel_descriptionField,
    #editBMPanel_descriptionRow{height:600px !important}

}
    "Show all bookmarks" is chrome://browser/content/places/places.xul, and the "Bookmarks" sidebar is chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksPanel.xul.
  • this code seemed to break the code completely as the properties/description box in the sidebar is no longer larger. :(
  • edited December 2012
    If, in FF 16.0.2, I open the sidebar (Ctrl+B) , right-click a bookmark, and select Properties from the context menu, I see this [fig]. However, it opens as a modal dialog box, not "in" the sidebar per se. Is this what you're doing, are you using any bookmark extensions, and can you provide a screenshot of what it is you're styling, if not this dialog?
    607 x 767 - 14K
  • My bad, it does work PERFECTLY! I'm sorry, i used the bookmarksPanel code instead of the bookmarkProperties.xul you had specified. Thank you A TON for this great edit!!
  • Is there ANY possible way to adapt this to the newest stylish 3.0.5 version?
  • edited May 15 Firefox

No.
    Extensions can't style the browser itself anymore.
    You need to paste the code in your userChrome.css
    see here for help:
    https://www.userchrome.org/

However, the code still might be too old to work (there have been some structural changes), but that's another problem.

• THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! <3