Bookmark properties dialogue

edited December 2012 in Style Requests
I've been using this code for awhile now to enlarge the bookmark properties dialogue so that i can see more of the "description" field easily when i click on a bookmark's properties. However, it ALSO enlarges the description field in the "Show All Bookmarks" window, is there a way to modify it to prevent this?

#bookmarkproperties {
max-width: 600px !important;
min-width: 600px !important;
width: 600px !important;
height: 600px !important;
font-family: Consolas !important;
}
#editBMPanel_descriptionField,
#editBMPanel_descriptionRow{height:600px !important}

Comments

• @-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/places/bookmarkProperties.xul) {

#bookmarkproperties {
    max-width: 600px !important;
    min-width: 600px !important;
    width: 600px !important;
    height: 600px !important;
    font-family: Consolas !important;
    }
    #editBMPanel_descriptionField,
    #editBMPanel_descriptionRow{height:600px !important}

}
    "Show all bookmarks" is chrome://browser/content/places/places.xul, and the "Bookmarks" sidebar is chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksPanel.xul.
  • this code seemed to break the code completely as the properties/description box in the sidebar is no longer larger. :(
  • edited December 2012
    If, in FF 16.0.2, I open the sidebar (Ctrl+B) , right-click a bookmark, and select Properties from the context menu, I see this [fig]. However, it opens as a modal dialog box, not "in" the sidebar per se. Is this what you're doing, are you using any bookmark extensions, and can you provide a screenshot of what it is you're styling, if not this dialog?
    607 x 767 - 14K
  • My bad, it does work PERFECTLY! I'm sorry, i used the bookmarksPanel code instead of the bookmarkProperties.xul you had specified. Thank you A TON for this great edit!!
  • Is there ANY possible way to adapt this to the newest stylish 3.0.5 version?
  • edited May 15 Firefox

No.
    Extensions can't style the browser itself anymore.
    You need to paste the code in your userChrome.css
    see here for help:
    https://www.userchrome.org/

However, the code still might be too old to work (there have been some structural changes), but that's another problem.

• THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! <3