Notice: The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the Stylish extension or this website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.
Changing your Avatar.
The only way to currently change a forum avatar is through Gravatar.com. The email address used for your Userstyles.org account must be one of the email addresses that is registered to your Gravatar account.

foxytunes text manipulation

edited August 2009 in Style Requests
How do I edit the text displayed in foxy tunes, mainly interested in changing the colour.
With the glasser mod extension, the text is transparent, although is displayed fine when hovered over for the link.
Is it possible to edit it?

Comments

• Yes, it is possible and fairly easy to edit. I have edited mine extensively.

Do you know how to use the DOM inspector and write a little css? That would be the easiest way because otherwise someone would have to use the identical extension version and skins that you are using.

Which version of FT do you have? I stopped updating it after v. 2.0.4 because it got too bloated. The labels may have changed in later versions.

Do you have a FT addon skin?

Which text do you want to edit? There are menus, the popup box, all kinds of stuff.
  • Thanks for your quick reply,

I'm using the latest version of foxytunes, 3.5.9.1 with no skin.

I don't have much experience with CSS, but I can follow how the script works looking at other user styles.

I just installed the DOM inspector and it's incompatible with 3.5.1 although according to the add-on page it's compatible up to the 3.6 alpha. I have add-on compatibility checking switched off anyway. But I'm having a few problems with it.

It did seem to be working fine but after a crash I can't find the value as it was any more.

With a blank tab I open the inspector and select inspect a chrome document -> firefox.

Anyway, I think the value I want to change is #foxytunes-track-info-status-label

I tried this:

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

@-moz-document url("chrome://browser/content/browser.xul")
    {
    #foxytunes-track-info-status-label
    {color: black !important;
    text-shadow: white 1px 1px 1px !important;
    font-weight: bold !important;}
    }

with no luck
  • I wish I could help you but my Firefox 2.0 and FoxyTunes 2.4 show completely different labels.

Try a different namespace. This is my FoxyTunes edit if you want to play around with it.

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
    #info-box[windowtype="foxytunes:infobox"] *
    {color:black !important; font-weight:bold !important;}
    #track-icon,#artist-icon,#album-icon,#search-web-button,
    #track-position-label-separator,#player-icon-separator,
    #player-icon-separator+.toolbar-player-icon
    {display:none !important;}
  • I make it with this on FF 3.5.2 and Foxyt 4.0.1 and skin Onyxorbs 1.18

#foxytunes-track-title-status-label {
    color: green ;
    font-size: 15px;
    font-family: segoe UI semibold;
    }

But the real color is not showed every time.

And i want to make change or disabled when hover but i can't find it. It's not only hover, it's "link text " or something similar.