Options:
    added export/import settings buttons
    Add-ons:
    added a clear button to the search
    Global:
    keeps the scroll position/selection
    clicking the dropmenu now drops the menu
  • Thanks!
    I tried showing Enable/Disable button - the old 'enable' checkbox still shows as well. Does it suppose to? 'cause it doesn't make any sense to me. I can understand either one but not both. I've never understood the reason for the second one anyway though.
    Thanks for the import/export settings!!! Will try with another profile tonight.

What does this mean:
    ' Edit:
    style dialog doesn't close when you press enter '

and this:

' Global:
    keeps the scroll position/selection
    clicking the dropmenu now drops the menu '

what scroll position? what 'dropmenu?

As for the rest, i assume they work all right Smile
  • I tried showing Enable/Disable button - the old 'enable' checkbox still shows as well. Does it suppose to? 'cause it doesn't make any sense to me. I can understand either one but not both. I've never understood the reason for the second one anyway though.
    it just happened that way :)
    style dialog doesn't close when you press enter '
    a bit badly worded i guess
    if you pressed enter in the tags/url bar it would close the style dialog
    what scroll position?
    for the info/export and so on dialogs
    what 'dropmenu?
    the toolbar button has a dropmenu
  • OK, i guess i have no idea what all this stuff is about 'cause i either don't use it or ... still have no idea what it is about Laugh
    My toolbarbutton dropdown menu closes when i click something in it. Are we talking about the one with Snapshot, Disable All, Import .... ?
  • edited December 2009
    Insert text button is perfect! One click, and it's also mostly clear from blocking the stylish editor window. Thankyou so much ChoGGi ! Thankyou

But...
    #1 I never got the Clear Button for the Stylish manager addon window.(middle click the stylish custom toolbar button).
    http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7057/stylishcustomclearbutto.png
    I like the standalone, but sometimes I need to draw up all three, (yes, all three, standalone,addons,sidebar)for extensive searching back and forth.
    This just shocks me beyond belief! I don't know how this happened. Check out the number of styles. (a lot of the enabled ones are commented out /**/, to easily find them though.)
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3382/stylishcustomstandalone.png
    Yes, you may not believe it, but I do have a life!

#2 The Enable/Disable button doesn't make sense to me. The enable/disable button you now have in this new version 6.3, only checks and unchecks the Enabled/Disabled checkbox, which is not necessary. It's not what I was requesting.
    I was hoping for TWO SEPARATE BUTTONS, that I can display both on the bottom bar at the same time.
    Button #1: One click and it will "Save Enabled and Close".
    Button #2: One Click and it will "Save Disabled and Close".
    This way, I don't have to check the Enabled/Disabled checkbox, then slide my mouse over to the save&close button to click.
    I can just choose one of the two buttons for one-click: EITHER
    Save Enabled and Close.
    OR
    Save Disabled and Close.

And with these two buttons, there's no need for the checkbox enable/disable which is wasted toolbar space.
    But thankyou ChoGGi for the work that you've done for the button !
    makondo, do you get what I'm talking about? or am I messing up again with explaining. HIT MYSELF IN THE HEAD
  • Now it's clear. The only problem is enable/disable as a function fails sometimes (Goo styles is a good example but i'm pretty sure something else is going on with them, probably on the part of Goo itself!). Remember in some thread Jason said that Stylish gets 'confused' while in edit mode (i will try to find that thread later). So, while i too used to wish for those buttons, i think i wouldn't trust them any longer. But it certainly would be nice to have, if possible Smile

I have the Clear button, some other style maybe?
  • Posted By: makondoMy toolbarbutton dropdown menu closes when i click something in it. Are we talking about the one with Snapshot, Disable All, Import .... ?
    that toolbar button has a little arrow you can left click to see the menu (nothing much)
    Posted By: Barbiegirl#1 I never got the Clear Button for the Stylish manager addon window.(middle click the stylish custom toolbar button).
    you may have a something hiding it
    #2 The Enable/Disable button doesn't make sense to me. The enable/disable button you now have in this new version 6.3, only checks and unchecks the Enabled/Disabled checkbox, which is not necessary. It's not what I was requesting.
    sorry misinterpreted what you wanted, before i release 0.6.4 have any ideas of the names to be used?
  • edited December 2009
    Close enabled & Close disabled? Close/Enabled & Close/Disabled? Close as Enabled & Close as Disabled? All of it takes too much room. That's why i think it's better to have a toolbar preferably with a choice of text/icons (customizable of course! Yeap!).

My toolbarbutton always had the menu on dropmarker or Rclick.

I just disabled all styles (by an accident) and it crashed Fx and after it came back a minute or so later - Enable is not in the menu as if it's still disabling them? Sad

So, i have to restore yesterday backup 'cause i can't enable my styles!
  • edited December 2009
    No clear button in addons manager WITH ALL STYLES TURNED OFF (from Jasons stylish button). When I clicked DISABLE ALL STYLES from stylish-custom, it froze and then crashed. (But I haven't imp/exp styles)

You have Save & Close button already. That's 10characters + 2 spaces = 12
    Button Name suggestions:

Save EN Close
    Save DIS Close

Save EN X
    Save DIS X

Save Enabled X
    Save Disabled X

saveENclose
    saveDISclose

Save ON Close
    Save OFF Close

Enable X
    Disable X

Close Enabled
    Close Disabled

Close Enable
    Close Disable

Enabled Close
    Disabled Close

Enable Close
    Disable Close

You don't need "and" or "&".

For myself, I will be making Enabled button GREEN and Disabled button RED or Grey. I will be making the font-size smaller and remove padding to make the buttons smaller. PAINTING INTERNET
    With the 2 NEW buttons Enabled/Disabled, then I won't need the Save & Close button anymore, and if the Enabled/Disabled checkbox is removed, and I make the buttons smaller, then there will be enough bottom bar space for me.
    Thanks ChoGGi for the second attempt to make the 2 valuable buttons I requested with 6.4 !
  • about the disable all styles freezing ff:
    what version of ff are you two using/# of styles/os/cpu speed and how about how long did you wait?
    Posted By: makondoI just disabled all styles (by an accident) and it crashed Fx and after it came back a minute or so later - Enable is not in the menu as if it's still disabling them?Sad
    when you open the popup menu it checks if extensions.stylish.custom.enablestyles is true (styles disabled) or false
    if you kill off firefox it doesn't change (until all the styles are disabled/enabled)
    you can switch it to true and it'll go through and re-enable any disabled styles
  • edited December 2009
    Vista, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, Firefox/3.6b5 - Build ID: 20091204143806, Stylish 1.0.8, S-C 0.6.3, Styles 117/50. Now, you know i've used it before and am aware it's slow. But this time it took much longer, probably 2 min. Then it simply crashed (that is closed all by itself). On restart, it appeared to be still disabling styles. After sitting there another minute+, i simply killed the process and replaced the stylish.rdf with a backup.
    This is one reason i try to never use the option and now with the new tag enable/disable it makes it easier to trace 'things gone wrong'. BTW, that tag disable thing works pretty good - i guess it's cause it deals with a less amount of styles. But this just might be the way to go - disable one group at a time.
    The thing i don't like about it though is that it re-enables all styles, despite their previous state.
  • Just happened again: edited a style, clicked Save, Rclicked Page - the changes don't show, shows the old (unedited) style).
  • edited December 2009
    Vista Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @2.20GHz
    Stylish 1.0.7 Stylish Custom 6.3 Firefox 3.5.5

I tried "Disable All Styles" again, waited 3 minutes, nothing happened, so I clicked the webpage, my mouse curser started spinning blue circle, had to X out of firefox. sorry Sorry, but I can't be testing this because I have 2600 styles to deal with,

and I have "Firefox not responding" constantly since stylish 1.0.1
    It improved 1.0.2 but since 1.0.7 it's back full force, as in FULL F*@#!ng FORCE. (Yeah ... I know that word). I've removed "Disable all styles" from toolbarbutton dropdown menu for now, so I don't accidentally click on it. Will use Jason's "Turn all styles off" for now.
    #StylesDisableMain
    {display:none!important;}
  • Shock No wonder! Why don't you unload your styles to HD and have only the ones you actually use? You can always open a style for editing from a HD location (Write New Style/copy/paste), Preview to try, save back to HD, publish (and uninstall if not using).

Anyway, it did work for me before, takes a minute to 2 but it did work (see my posts above). This time was different. This time it took much longer, closed the application/window all together and when i tried to re-enable, it enabled some previously disabled styles (which shouldn't have happened and never did before).
    But, as i said, disabling by group(tag) is a great help! - one thing missing though, if you have disabled styles w/in the group, it seems to enable them too. I'll have to post about it in the stylish 1.0.8 thread.
  • edited December 2009
    HD ? To me HD means High Definition (as in High Definition Television). TV Show
    I also need quick access to my styles, and the whole copy/paste thing might take up my time ... but I still don't know what the HD thing is anyways.
    Too many styles to deal with to start messing with tagging. Maybe when it's too unbearable I'll try tagging, and when any problems with tagging are fixed. I'm quitting this soon anyways, for several reasons. NOTE: ALL of my styles are written by me, (except a few). But, a lot of my styles are of testing new styles, with different measurements, and my "updated posted styles" code.
    Thanks makondo! Have to go offline now ! Going Offline
  • hard drive or local storage

i've also been trying to get threading working for disabling and other stuff, not much luck yet
  • HD - hard drive.
    You save styles to your hard drive - we have Export/Imports styles option. Save them as .txt files for easier access, XML isn't read friendly (but great for import to a new profile, especially as a group).
    When you need to test a style, open it in an editor, copy, paste into a new style Stylish editor. Preview. Work on it. Publish. Install or delete.
    Your computer, your choice: 3000 styles you don't use that definitely slow your Fx or only styles you actually do use and an extra click to open it outside Fx and copy/paste into the editor to preview. What's your hurry? Are you in a hurry to write another 3 thous? BTW, some of your styles only change a pixel or two. What's up with that? Can't you let people adjust the pixels? If they can't figure that out, they'll ask. Then delete all those dupes (they're dupes to me) - you have them on line if needed (don't see why you'd need those).

Tagging.
    Posted By: Barbiegirl...when any problems with tagging are fixed...
    What problems? The only problem with tagging i see is not using it! To simplify, take one style and tag it. Let's say, toolbar. Then take all those styles that deal with the toolbar and drag them into that group (tag). Next: take a style for the statusbar and type - statusbar (in the tag field). Drag all those into that group, etc. Get the picture?
  • The Cutebuttons add-on download link at the Mozilla site is broken. It returns the error "Add-on not found!"
  • it gave some error when i uploaded it, i'll re-upload it or something
  • Choggi: I'm having similar problem as barbiegirl - I have the clear search button visible, but it's just blank - no text or icon in it. There seems to be no css affecting it per DOMi peeking. Any clues? (NASA Night Launch as theme)
  • oh i thought her problem was she had no button at all, but i noticed that problem too (be fixed for 0.6.4)
  • edited December 2009
    Hehe, i thought it was one of my styles and just hadn't have time to get to it yet ... Come to think of it, i think i saw it at some point .... Too much work, waiting for .6.4 coffee break anyone?

Yes, that's what it is: i see it when i disable/enable my style for the manager. But then it somehow miraculously disappears again ... Enable/disable the style and it shows. Hmm ... Doh

• heehee, cannot wait ChoGGi:) In the meantime, could you give me pointers on how to add label to the said button?
  • If you hover just to the right of the search bar, it should bring up the toolbar button (well, the border anyway!) and your cursor should change to a link cursor (unless i have that styled too ...Hehe)
  • look in the sc/content folder for addons-onload.js
    change line 27 to
    elTmp.setAttribute("label",common.getLocalizedMessage("ClearSearchText"));

@makondo in mine its on the left side
  • You're a star:) Oh, add that line after 27, not change...
  • edited December 2009
    Posted By: ChoGGi@makondo in mine its on the left side
    Right.
    Well then, 'If you hover just to the left of the ...' ...

Thank you both!
  • Stylish-Custom-0.6.4.xpi
    Info:
    you couldn't edit the name/tags
    Add-ons:
    clear button was missing the label
    Options:
    removed bottom buttons tab
    Edit:
    removed enable/disable button
    added save enabled/save disabled buttons
    changed everything into toolbars
  • edited December 2009
    Huh?
    What happened here? Where all the buttons i used to use? Why the buttons labels are running over the left border?

OK, i figured something out ( you really need to post it here 'cause i don't know how people will find out about this big changes. Don't think they'll go to the changelog ... but then, of course, some might ...). Anyway, Rclick at the bottom bar (accidentally, i must add!)/Customize... But! Why can't i drag those where i want them? It looks like you can Rclick any bar. Can't drag anything in/out of the Customize.

EDIT: And, i really dislike those buttons, sorry. I was thinking images, like the browser toolbar icons not this big fat things.

I'm not very happy right now at all Sad

EDIT: Thanks ChoGGi! Just spent an hr making the new windows glassed and buttons looking somewhat good again just to discover that Save and Close option in that save button (i hate) doesn't work. Closed the style and lost all my work.
    The Save button doesn't work either. So, there's no way to save any of my changes (except for the external editor, of course)!
    Styles can not be saved. Not good!

I'm back to .6.3 for now.

BTW, why the customize window opens at the very bottom of the screen, half way behind the desktop bar?

EDIT: there's another 'interesting' thing going on: edited a style tagged 'glass' and, of course, can't save it but the style became disabled, the tag disappeared and so did the tag bar (left an empty space between the name and URL bars. As soon as i switched to .6.3 everything went back and working well. In case you wonder, no errors.
  • Stylish-Custom-0.6.5.xpi
    Edit:
    didn't test it on 3.6
    removed extra code area that shows up in ff v3.*

@makondo hmm no problems with saving on a couple different versions of ff
    if you remove some stuff it might not save (better to stick it on a toolbar and hide it)
    some stuff = tags/url/wrap lines/search/and maybe preview

not sure about the button labels, they are toolbarbuttons btw