Old style Stylish manage window

edited May 2009 in Stylish
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Double click to edit, right-click for additional options.

@-moz-document url(chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.xul), url(chrome://stylish/content/manage-standalone.xul) { /* No icon, no tags */ #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="status-icon"], #styles *[anonid="tags"] { display: none !important; } /* Squishier */ #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) { padding: 0 !important; min-height: 0 !important; } /* Only show enable/disable */ #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="actions"] { display: -moz-box !important; -moz-box-flex: 1 !important; } #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="actions"] > *:not([anonid="edit-actions"]) { display: none !important; } #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) > vbox { -moz-box-orient: horizontal !important; } /* Enable/disable should be like a checkbox */ #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="edit"], #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="delete"] { display: none !important; } #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="enable"], #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="disable"] { -moz-appearance: none !important; border: 1px solid black !important; -moz-border-top-colors: none !important; -moz-border-bottom-colors: none !important; -moz-border-left-colors: none !important; -moz-border-right-colors: none !important; background-color: transparent !important; min-width: 15px !important; min-height: 15px !important; } #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="disable"] { list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/checkbox/cbox-check.gif") !important; } #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="enable"] .button-text, #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="disable"] .button-text { display: none !important; } #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="enable"] > hbox, #styles richlistitem:not([update="true"]) *[anonid="disable"] > hbox { padding: 0 !important; } }

If someone wants to take this and run with it, go ahead.

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Jason, what does this mean? - /* Only show enable/disable */
    What it does for me is it shows the Edit, Enable, Disable buttons as text right under styles titles and w/out the dropdown. Correct? Asking 'cause the description isn't clear (to me).
    I already have most of this set in my style but thanks for posting anyway 'cause now we can send those who dislike 1.0 right here. Personally, i'm pretty happy with it, with the exception for a bug that will be fixed soon, right? (i mean the overwriting styles with Write New..). It's fast and customizable, perfect! (... will be when i get my Disable/Enable All button and Export/Import ;)
    Thank you!

Oh, i decided to post it as a style, since you don't mind. Find it here.
  • Posted By: makondoJason, what does this mean? - /* Only show enable/disable */
    It's supposed to hide all the buttons except enable and disable. Check the screenshot.
  • It didn't for me. I still had Edit, etc. I think i was hit by that bug again when a style didn't disable (my Sidebar for Stylish 1.0* style partially still applied).
    Tried again after restart, it works all right, i see it now (what screenshot?! Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org ).
  • much better design
  • edited May 2009
    I went ahead and created a style (http://userstyles.org/styles/17866/) that only has a couple modifications (bubbles instead of checkboxes and mouseover color change) to yours Jason, but I'll be adding more to it as time goes on. Thanks for taking the time to make the window nicer for us fans of the old window.
  • edited November 2009
    only a few changes :) and added Pxl_Buzzards mouseover extra...I didn't like the cyan+white text I was getting

btw Can someone rid stylish of those text only toolbar buttons "Copy Style Info" and "Write New Style" .. maybe not removed completly but an icon only would be better.. for the sidebar.. I think having "[]Install, [] Find updates, Copy Style Info, Write New Style, [-sorting][]" is pushes the tick boxes right off the view with AiO min width 340..end up having to change to extension view and then back to stylish just to get it to put the tick boxes back in view.. can see its a mess.. dunno why its putting the addon sorting in there either

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/820/capture4.png
  • edited May 2009
    actually it would be nice if that entire ===="[]Install, [] Find updates, Copy Style Info, Write New Style, [-sorting][]"==== toolbar could be removed.. and maybe the ""Copy Style Info" and "Write New Style"" entries could go into the context menu -not bothered.. or on the same toolbar below like:: [copy style icon] [new style icon] [search], Sort by:[type] etc

would look better at least for those using the sidebar aio
  • Rexel, check out Barbiegirl' and fools gold' styles, they have some stuff for those buttons you might find useful.
  • ah.. find something

#copy-style-info {
    display: none !important;
    }
    #new-style {
    }

also took a look at the DOM and made this one which just gets rid of that entire toolbar... but gets rid of it for all other sidebars like the actual Extensions view one which its mainly for... could I get this too only work on the Stylish sidebar view.. but visible everywhere else??

#commandBarBottom {
    }
  • Try this:

#stylish-manage-standalone > hbox { display: none !important; }
  • And I still hold it should not be integrated with the extensions - styles are no extensions (with that argument, next to be added there would be Greasemonkey, which at least comes closer to provide addons, and who-knows-what-else). Blews up things for me. It should have its own sidebar, integrate there with some hotkey plus (for us AIOS users quite valuable) a fitting icon for the (AIOS) toolbar to open Stylish in the sidebar (and yes, makondo, before you comment on this with CB², I know about it - and still insist this should be integrated into Stylish. CB² offers a nice work-around for this and people having CB² installed, but I don't call work-arounds a solution :-^).
  • "
    #stylish-manage-standalone > hbox { display: none !important; } "

doesn't work...

i need this "#commandBarBottom {
    } "

to only work when I have Stylish opened in the sidebar. IS there any CSS check that can be used to find out when the stylish sidebar is in opened/inview?
  • The sidebar (and standalone window) have a different URL than the extensions window.
  • So...what does that mean? I'm just trying to get this to work on the sidebar.. I don't use the windowed version
  • edited May 2009
    It works for me (otherwise i wouldn't post it here ;-).
    before:

and after:

and yes, it works in the window too but since i don't use it, i don't care! (i don't need this anyway 'cause i use that bar, just trying to help).
  • Its not working here :S also the bar is at the top like in my screenshot I posted earlier.. not at the bottom of the sidebar window or you using some other version?.. dunno its def not working for me.. only thing that does work and hide it is

#commandBarBottom {
    }

but again that removes it from other extension sidebar views which I dont' want.. only want it removed from stylish
  • And then people ask why it is a bad idea to have it integrated with the addons (instead of a stand-alone sidebar) ROLLEYES
  • edited May 2009
    NM. Don't know what's going on. That bar suppose to be at the bottom.
    BTW, where did you get those Application, Global, Site sort?
  • Posted By: RexelIS there any CSS check that can be used to find out when the stylish sidebar is in opened/inview?
    you could use this to select things in it
    @-moz-document url(chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.xul){
    #extensionsManager>#styles-container
    }
  • and then what?

this is what I want selecting...

#commandBarBottom {
    }
  • ChoGGi, where that sort (Application, Global, Site) comes from?
  • Rexel: Combine it like this:
    @-moz-document url(chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.xul){
    #extensionsManager>#styles-container #commandBarBottom {
    }
    }
    (Hope this is the right combination - I did not try :-^)
  • Posted By: makondoChoGGi, where that sort (Application, Global, Site) comes from?
    huh?
  • edited May 2009
    If you'll look at Rexel's shot, you can see that styles are sorted by Application, Global, Site. But i've found it, it's under Sort by > Type (i never use it and didn't know it was there). False alarm, ChoGGi, sorry!
  • ah those, yep that's from stylish :)
  • #extensionsManager>#styles-container #commandBarBottom {
    }

it no worky :(
  • edited May 2009
    oops try this
    @-moz-document url(chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.xul){ #extensionsManager>#styles-container:not([style="display: none;"])+vbox #commandBarBottom{display:none!important} }
  • its still not having any effect.. did you try?
  • on ff3.0.10 and 3.1b3
    try just #styles-container:not([style="display: none;"])+vbox #commandBarBottom{display:none!important}
  • ff3.0.10

and that didn't work either :(