Feature request ..

edited March 2009 in Stylish
Im really in need of some quite simple feature ...
..It really annoys me, that when i want to edit a style i have to

click stylish ...
click manage styles
doubleclick the style ...

what i want is:
click stylish ...
hover the style...it expands and shows something like "edit this style" ...

the good thing about this is, that you wouldnt have to have the "manage styles" window like ..all the time when working on some style ...

And of course included syntax highlighting would be nice aswell (well its all text is somehow ok ..but it isnt thaaat comfortable aswell) ...or at least make tabulator work ...the code gets really ugly when you cant properly inline it ...

Another question ..is it possible to participate in developing this addon ? And when yes, where can i get the source code ?

Awaiting your Anwsers/Opinions,

Merlin S.

Comments

• HKKHKK
    edited March 2009
    Hello,
    Posted By: ErgonomixIt really annoys me, that when i want to edit a style i have to
    click stylish ...
    click manage styles
    doubleclick the style ...
    you can get to the edit window faster by (in version 0.5.9) click the stylish icon, then right-click the style, or (in versions 1.0x) click the stylish icon, right-click the style and click Edit.
    Posted By: Ergonomixall the time when working on some style
    Even with your method, you can close the manag window after opening the edit window ^^
    Posted By: ErgonomixAnd of course included syntax highlighting would be nice aswell (well its all text is somehow ok ..but it isnt thaaat comfortable aswell) ...or at least make tabulator work ...the code gets really ugly when you cant properly inline it ...
    version 1.0 will supposedly have Diavolo support, an extension which enables syntax-highlighting within stylish -- i dont know how well it works in the current beta, im really content with It's All Text. Maybe you can try that and see if that works out for you.

(The devel question is up to Jason to answer.)

~HKK
  • Source code is included in the install package. If you going to work on something, please let me know first because I'm not liable to accept just any random new feature.

In Stylish 1.0b, the manage dialog is XBL which you can override with your own using a style if you like.
  • edited March 2009
    hmm ..i really often click save instead of preview by mistake ...so i had to open up that manager again all the time ..or have it open always ..well nevermind

thanks for your anwsers ....damn didnt knew that rightclick thing ..really comes in handy ... a expanding menu might be more beginnerfriendly though ..

will try diavolo now ;)

EDIT: diavolo doesnt work as intended yet ....scrollbars vanished... :( ..you can scroll with pageup/pagedown keys though ..but you totally cant scroll to the right ...beside that the edit-dialog takes ages to load with diavolo ..
    Well "its all text" will work out until full support of diavolo is available ;)

EDIT2: (bugreport ?)
    in 1.0b when you click check for updates in style-manager ..you have to click "Done" for every single style to be able to click edit/disable/uninstall again ..what is annoying.
  • Posted By: ErgonomixEDIT2: (bugreport ?)
    in 1.0b when you click check for updates in style-manager ..you have to click "Done" for every single style to be able to click edit/disable/uninstall again ..what is annoying.
    Has been reported already ^^
    Posted By: Ergonomix
    EDIT: diavolo doesnt work as intended yet ....scrollbars vanished... :( ..you can scroll with pageup/pagedown keys though ..but you totally cant scroll to the right ...beside that the edit-dialog takes ages to load with diavolo ..
    Well "its all text" will work out until full support of diavolo is available ;)
    Yes, it doesn't work right for me either. Well, let's hope and wait :D
  • If you have a suggestion for the update thing, I'm listening.

The problem with Diavolo is probably just that - a problem with Diavolo. I sent the author an e-mail but never got a reply.