Stylish 1.1 bug: scroll jumps to top for long styles

edited February 2011 in Stylish
1. Stylish toolbar button -> Manage Styles... -> open a style which is long enough to show scrollbar

2. the opened edit window displays the bottom of the CSS

3. click anywhere on scrollbar or scroll buttons and the page instantly jumps to the top of the CSS

This happens every time. Using latest nightly. Tried in clean profile with just Stylish installed.

Comments

• i imagine this is a general Firefox bug. I'm not doing anything special with the edit box.
  • Maybe so, but Stylish is the only addon out of my 30+ addons plus native Firefox dialogs with scroll bars that displays this problem.

Note: the problem does not appear when I go to edit a style via Add-ons Manager -> Stylish Options.

Also, another problem - when I go to Stylish toolbar icon -> Manage styles... -> Find updates, the display shows 'DONE' for each entry - but when when I move cursor anywhere over the Stylish manager dialog, all the 'DONE' buttons disappear - it's therefore impossible to scroll down to check the other styles which are out of sight.

I've searched bugzilla but not found anything resembling this.
  • The update checker will automatically hide the result after X seconds if there's no updates.
  • Jason Barnabe (np) said: The update checker will automatically hide the result after X seconds if there's no updates.
    It's not a timed delay - it's as I originally said: "...when I move cursor anywhere over the Stylish manager dialog, all the 'DONE' buttons disappear - it's therefore impossible to scroll down to check the other styles which are out of sight."

And the scroll bug I originally reported?
  • edited February 2011
    I'm not sure what would cause that behaviour. It's certainly not anything I intended. I just thought it was a coincidence that you moused over it at the same time as the timer went off. Are you using Firefox 3.6? It may be better in Firefox 4 betas.

I'll do some testing on the scrolling issue.
  • Apologies, Jason - I've played some more with the update / disappearing 'DONE' buttons and it is a timed delay. It's a very short delay so it coincided with me scrolling each time. Maybe the delay could be increased or even removed so that users can view the results before they disappear?

Thanks for looking at the scroll issue - not a showstopper, just a nuisance. Cheers.
  • Jason I've been experiencing this since earlier betas - assumed it was some other extension at fault because nobody had mentioned it here [using latest Firefox beta and stylish 1.1]
  • Perfect! Thank you. :)