Is there any support add-on for stylish?

edited February 2009 in Stylish
I write styles (css) via stylish for completed sites, who's design I don't like. I very badly need an addon that would do the following: if there is an element on the page with id="sumfin" I want to be able to pick this elemnt from the list and the addon will scan all site's CSSes and search for any rules or parameters that touch this element and show me this info in a separate window or something.
If there any similar add-on? It's really hard writing styles nowadays, when sites now have many .css styles + the information in them may be not structured, or the rules for the same element can be in different places of the one or more .css styles.

Comments

• And is there any analogue of the GreaseFire addon that would work not with greasemonkey, but with stylish?
  • edited March 2009
    After being rude to the developer of the extension and the owner of this site, after pissing off most of us, you still dare to come back and actually ask for help?!
    Don't bother answering, i don't expect anything decent to come out of your mouth. It's more a statement of surprise than a question.
  • Posted By: DrugoyI write styles (css) via stylish for completed sites, who's design I don't like. I very badly need an addon that would do the following: if there is an element on the page with id="sumfin" I want to be able to pick this elemnt from the list and the addon will scan all site's CSSes and search for any rules or parameters that touch this element and show me this info in a separate window or something.
    If there any similar add-on? It's really hard writing styles nowadays, when sites now have many .css styles + the information in them may be not structured, or the rules for the same element can be in different places of the one or more .css styles.
    Posted By: DrugoyAnd is there any analogue of the GreaseFire addon that would work not with greasemonkey, but with stylish?
    Try Firebug and/or DOMi. they will display you which CSS rules apply and in which file they are, and also in which line of that file that rule is (except for Stylish-added styles, because theyre not real files and added directly via FF's API). If you additionally use the It's all text! extension for firefox which lets you edit Stylish CSS in an external text editor, you can use that editor's search function to find the appropriate rule in your file.
    Posted By: makondoAfter being rude to the developer of the extension and the owner of this site, after pissing off most of use, you still dare to come back and actually ask for help?!
    Don't bother answering, i don't expect anything decent to come out of your mouth. It's more a statement of surprise than a question.
    if he had pissed off Jason so much, Jason would just ban him. period. i dont have anything against him, so i will just help him like everyone else

~HKK
  • It's up to you and you don't have to answer to me as i can't care less.
  • edited March 2009
    Posted By: makondoAfter being rude to the developer of the extension and the owner of this site, after pissing off most of use, you still dare to come back and actually ask for help?!
    hi makondo! what's up with you? do you take offence at me? for what? i just pointed at the bad sides of the site and the laziness (or stupidness, it's still not clear enough) of the site devs. Is it bad? no, it's good! that there are still such people, that can help you become better! i pointed at the bad sides of the site and it is just a signal of where to look at and what should be re-done. I didn't mean any evil to somebody, and I didn't want to hurt someone's feelings. In the beggining of that post I appologized for possible rude words, but it fact they aren't, it just a matter of perception of'em.
    Posted By: HKKTry Firebug and/or DOMi. they will display you which CSS rules apply and in which file they are, and also in which line of that file that rule is (except for Stylish-added styles, because theyre not real files and added directly via FF's API). If you additionally use the It's all text! extension for firefox which lets you edit Stylish CSS in an external text editor, you can use that editor's search function to find the appropriate rule in your file.
    ~HKK
    man, thx alot! since i've discovered firebug extension for me.... man, it's awesome! it's so comfortable and easy now to write a style! + now i have more knowledge and experience in CSS - my styles are much less buggy. In fact your help to me is a help to users of my styles, so u didn't help just one man (who pissed off some guy, who's name is Jason), you helped many people! really big thanks to you!
  • This ext. and site are developed and maintained by a very talented Jason Barnabe (aka np) who contributes a whole lot to Mozilla projects for a long, long time. This is his site. I find it hard to believe you didn't know that. In fact, if you did not than sorry to bring it to you but it's really, really dumb on your part since his name is all over the place. Now, not only you are using his ext. (i'd bet a buck you didn't use that donate button yet, did you?), you also use his site where you are a guest. Didn't your mama teach you to be polite to other people? especially when you are in their home? In case she forgot about this one, i'll remind you that it is rude to come to somebody's home, use their hospitality and in return call them lazy and stupid:

[quote]...Okay, if the devs here are that lazy (or just stupid) - it's not my problem, it's their one. I don't care of it at all, because I have my own site with styles for stylish. Most useful styles from this site (and they aren't many) were copied to there. And there - everything made the convenient way...[/quote]

Not only it's rude, it's also ... stupid 'cause that's not the way to make a suggestion or ask for help. If you sincerely don't understand that, i'm afraid i can't help you. The fact that you've got 2 of your recent threads locked, should've been a pretty good indicator.

Further, even though you also called me stupid, i take no offense. You just don't worth it.
  • as Drugoy has had his answer and the topic seems to be straying, it seems a good time to close this thread

also not to single any one person out, but please keep badmouthing to other means of communications rather than these forums
This discussion has been closed.