[SOLVED]Changing goo searchbar icon - Minefield

edited September 2010 in Style Development
Anybody knows how to change the google icon in the search bar? TIA!

Comments

• edited September 2010
    #searchbar image[src$="AACAAQAA"] {
    background: url(Your 16px image here) no-repeat !important;
    width: 0 !important;
    padding-left: 16px !important;
    }
  • Thank you! Are you back? Did you get your win7 puter?
  • Got back from Detroit yesterday and found that I would have to change video card and several other items to make compatible with win7. I will wait until my next computer purchase to upgrade.
  • Welcome back! What did you do with your styles when you deleted them? Just deleted one by one? I'm about to delete everything but i have 245 styles and don't want to waste a day on doing this. Hoping Jason can delete them all at once but he didn't answer my post yet.
  • edited September 2010
    I deleted them one by one but did not have as many as you do. If I recall correctly from a past post that Jason responded to, is that if Jason deleted a lot of styles, it would create large gaps in the system and for some reason or another would create problems. When you delete them, it only hides them from viewing (not a true delete).
  • WOW! Thanks, i believe i remember a thread about it, you're right. Well, i better designate a day to doing that ....Doh

On the other matter. Did you see the new EM in 4.0b6? I have a request for you on behave of someone else on MoZine. Did you try to style a scrollbar in the EM tab? I have no problems whatsoever but that person (who is one of the best 'stylers' i know and has been for a long time helping many including me), seems to be having problems. I'm not sure but wonder if it might be something diff. in vista vs. XP classic theme. What do you think?
    To test, we're talking about this 2 styles:
    EM style
    scrollbar style
    This two work for me: i add the scrollbar style into the EM style and voila, it's there (he wants to style the EM scrollbar only). In fact, i can change the bg color, images and all and it all shows just fine. But for some odd reason it doesn't work for him. So, i wonder if you would be so kind and find the time to try it on XP (that's what you're using now, correct?).

That is, of course, if you're not the same person since i don't know your username on MoZine .... Hehe

TIA!
  • Scrollbars (in XP anyways), are determined by the theme being used. When FX4 becomes a final release, I will create an addon to theme the EM and scrollbars as well.
  • edited September 2010
    That's awesome, don't forget to let me know!
    In the mean time, he uses the default theme with his own tweaks. We both can't understand why i can change it he can't. In fact, he says, when he tried my style (which is global), the only scrollbar that did change was the one in ... DOMi of all places! I wonder if there's something in his tweaks that prevents my style from working. Odd though.

EDIT: come to think of it, he doesn't use Stylish and uses userChrome and Content .css, he also tried putting my code into some aom.css (have no idea if it exist by default or it's his own). Could it be that's the trick? Puzzling.
  • Posted By: makondoEDIT: come to think of it, he doesn't use Stylish and uses userChrome and Content .css, he also tried putting my code into some aom.css (have no idea if it exist by default or it's his own). Could it be that's the trick? Puzzling.
    stylish does use agent sheets, pretty sure userchrome uses user sheets
  • Aha, that's what i was thinking - remember an old thread about styling scrolls - not that i know what it means, just 'sensing' it has to do with it. So, what you're saying, if he'd try it through stylish it will work (as it does for me), right?