Stylish no longer works properly with latest Minefield Trunk 3.7a5pre

edited April 2010 in Stylish
Tomorrows nightly Trunk update will most likely have a new Add-Ons Manager. I currently have it using the latest hourly. As a result Stylish has compatibility problems. My Styles all work but I can't get to Stylish itself. Nothing to click on.

Here's a link that might help you fix it:

www.oxymoronical.com/blog/2010/03/How-were-breaking-some-extensions-in-the-near-future

Comments

• Yeah, I figured this would break it.

You can probably make Stylish start working again by setting extensions.stylish.manageView to 1 (stand-alone window) or 2 (sidebar).
  • edited April 2010
    That didn't work for me. It's still disabled (Incompatible....). Maybe i didn't bump it correctly? What do i need to set it to?

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=9265575&sid=5fc7dd60cb9cf1187064522086a95b3e#p9265575
    ^ this makes it possible to install styles and write styles. But you can't edit them 'cause there's no way to get to them.
  • Same here as makondo. I also edited overlay.xul.
  • Finally got Stylish to show my styles. Check the error console for stylish error messages. Delete the line in the file in the error report. restart FF and keep on deleting what it says. Style.xbl is the main file that needs a few lines deleted. I also deleted some lines in manage-standalone.xul
  • edited April 2010
    Hehe ... maybe Jason will update it?
  • At least a special build for us on the bleeding edge :)
  • Yeah, that's what i meant. A dev.build.
  • Waiting for a fix/dev-build too.

• edited April 2010
    I tried deleting those error lines, doesn't help. It's sitting in the addons manager (can't wait to style that ugly box!) and says - Incompatible. However, the toolbar and statusbar buttons do drop a menu. That's it. No Stylish icon in the addons manager, no way to get to the installed styles.

Oh, and for some reason i have to log in here every time i restart Fx when using nightly but not my regular 3.6.4 profile!
  • I can only open up the Stylish sidebar with the changes I made. If you want I can send you the files I changed? Do up know a place I can upload them to? btw I run the latest version of Stylish.
  • try this makondo ftp://ftp.shap721.com/public/Stylish.rar

All files go into the content folder in Stylish
  • Thanks, need to sign in to get it (password, etc.).
  • try http://depositfiles.com/files/xfchqi9yo
  • edited April 2010
    Awesome! Thanks a whole bunch! I can open it in window (about:config being set to 1 as Jason has suggested above) and i can edit them too!! Off i go (finally, i will take that ugly manager down!!!... if i can make DOMi work there as well that is).
    Thank you very much!
  • Terrific... I no longer get the Stylish icon and I can't get to my styles just like before I made my changes. Wonder if updating to a new hourly caused it? Oh well.
  • edited April 2010
    Shock Thanks for telling me, i won't update then.
  • I got it working again by deleting more stuff. However the only thing left on the list of styles is the Edit button. I probably deleted too much.
  • Thanks Streetwolf, all of my styles are now working though I can't get at any of them.
  • edited May 2010
    Posted By: streetwolfI got it working again by deleting more stuff. However the only thing left on the list of styles is the Edit button. I probably deleted too much.
    Hehe
    Reinstall and start over?
  • I can't get it to work without deleting the other buttons. The edit button code is different then the other buttons. It's probably a simple change for Jason but not for me.
  • edited May 2010
    I got the same end result as streetwolf. Only got to the manager through chrome://stylish/content/manage.xul, and only had edit buttons.
    No way to enable/disable styles.
    What I also noticed was that userstyles' install buttons were gone for some reason, as if I didn't have js on, but that's probably unrelated.
    Went back to 20100430 for now.
  • the new AOM was backed out in the latest hourly.
  • edited May 2010
    With the latest (hrly), i see the Edit and Disable buttons and i can edit/enable/disable from the Rclick menu (on a style in the styles manager).

EDIT: i reinstalled Stylish and everything works well again. Hopefully, Jason will update it by the time they'll put the new AM back in again.
  • When can we expect a new release that will be compatible with Fx 3.7?
  • When its ready just kiddng...
    There's no need to bug anybody about it, really.
  • Posted By: makondoWhen its readyjust kiddng...
    There's no need to bug anybody about it, really.
    I am not bugging anyone. I asked a question, that is what forums are for. Since you are not the developer why don't you mind your own damn business! (insert stupid smiley here)
  • edited May 2010
    I am not a developer but this kind of questions get asked on just about every ext. forum and always get the same answer (silly Q=silly A).
    You don't appear to be a novice, so why bother to ask? Did you really expect to get a date? (don't bother to answer unless you can put it in the same polite manner).
    Since this is a public forum, i can and will post when/where ever i feel like it (here, you can borrow this one > Censored).
  • Posted By: makondoI am not a developer but this kind of questions get asked on just about every ext. forum and always get the same answer. You don't appear to be a novice, so why bother to ask? Did you really expect to get a date? (don't bother to answer unless you can put it in the same polite manner).
    Since this is a public forum, i can and will post when/where ever i fill like it.Censored
    Yes it is a public forum and I will ask any question that I want to and I do not need to be questioned about it by the likes of you. The question was not directed at you and you do not know the answer. I did not want an exact date but since other extensions such as TMP were fixed to at least be compatible, I did not see it as out of the realm of possibility that Stylish could also be. The last update to this was February 21, 2010 . I also understand that these scripts can be entered without this extension, but Stylish does make it easier.
  • I am not the author of Stylish, but from experience, I know most developers do not update till the application gets bumped to at least a Release Candidate status (especially complex addons), due to the multiple changes that occur throughout the process. When 3.7a5pre goes to a RC, then expect updates. The best answer I can put forth.
  • Posted By: srazzanoI am not the author of Stylish, but from experience, I know most developers do not update till the application gets bumped to at least a Release Candidate status (especially complex addons), due to the multiple changes that occur throughout the process. When 3.7a5pre goes to a RC, then expect updates. The best answer I can put forth.
    Thanks, I understand with the new AMO being put in, then backed out. I think that Mozilla would have been better off waiting on that until later in the dev.