Server problems

edited April 2010 in userstyles.org
HostingRails messed up a migration of the site, then took forever to fix it. I got mad at them so moved the site to RailsPlayground. Slowly rebuilding the site. If you see any (new) problems, let me know.

Current issues:
-No blog
-Install counter scripts not running

Comments

• Thanks for letting us know. At least is lightning fast (for now anyway).
    And here i thought you were actually doing something about this. Silly me, i guess! Hmm...
  • Find styles for this site... in the statusbar button does not work.
    An error page shows

>Not Found
    >
    >The requested URL /styles/browse/all/http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php was not found on this server.
    >Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at userstyles.org Port 80
  • Fixed that.
  • Thanks, it works well.
  • as pointed out here

http://forum.userstyles.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=19305&page=1#Item_1

after I updated the skin the site goes on loading the older code.
  • edited May 2010
    #1 I justs UPDATED a style... you can see by the updated date that I did:

But it DOES NOT SHOW UP on the UPDATED PAGE AT ALL... even after RELOAD... and trying several times.
    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2509/updatedlistuserstylesor.png

#2 Not important but... You can see the updated date reads MAY 9 2010... but before it would have read MAY 10 2010 by this time. Did that change ????

##############################################################################################################################
    ##############################################################################################################################

EDIT: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKAY so the style is showing up now in UPDATED PAGE.
    I just updated another style... and the same thing happened... it's not showing on the UPDATED PAGE yet.

WHY THE DELAY... and are we to expect this behavior always now ??? Thankyou!
  • edited May 2010
    Barbie, what's with the red scream? Calm down. I see the same thing for a week, at least. Plus, as HeartRipper noted above, make sure that your changes actually are there. I found that some of my styles i thought have been updated were not! even though the date showed correctly. I now copy/paste to be sure. Well, the only way to be really sure is to preview it to see if the correct code is applied which is a pain, understandably. I just updated half-a-dozen styles which i already have. I'll have to disable my copy, preview the one from the site in hopes my edits are there, ....
    What a mess! Seems like the only happy guy left around is that fb robot Laugh
  • Things should show up on the updated page 5 minutes after the update.
  • edited May 2010
    Just to say that... I just updated a few times and the style page shows up on the UPDATED PAGE instantly now !
    I hope it stays that way as it makes things much easier that way ! Thankyou !
    NOTE: NewTotal installs and Weekly installs showed up for about a day (I think 2 days ago)... now they don't anymore...

MAKONDO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... (Hee Hee) That's not red screaming above in my previous post... it's just to draw attention so that others will notice that I have an edit added.
    Most of the time people drop edits info and no one notices.
    (P.S. Calm down ???? I'm always in a panic though...and that wears me down... sigh...)
  • I ran the update script once a couple days ago. I'm trying to revise it so it doesn't make the site hang when it runs.
  • edited May 2010
    Thankyou for explanation.
    Posted By: Jason Barnabe (np)I'm trying to revise it
    REQUEST PLEASE:
    Well... while you're in the process of revising it... could you please add the display of DAILY INSTALLS COUNT... So that it shows what the install count was the day before.
    Sometimes I am tracking a style (daily for different reasons) ...or I wonder what the count was the day before of a style that I have not been tracking.
    Weekly install counts is helpful but it changes according to the day of week and having Daily Install Counts would be extra helpful info. It would just take a small space on the page right next to the other install counts.

Question: What is the first day that the weekly install count starts to count...
    Mon through to Sunday ?? or Sunday through to Saturday ? Or does it count 7 days prior to the day (of any day) that you observe the weekly install count.

Thankyou !
  • OK, I revised it and it's much better now.

It's the 7 days prior.
  • Site count stuck again - download numbers haven't change for days now.
  • Seems like the site counts are getting unstuck/updated once every two weeks, although the increment seems to appear correct for a 7 day period. Implication being that I won't see the updated figures until next Saturday, since that is when I would generally look as a next time. Kind of nice to know that the numbers aren't actually being lost during stuck times.

I see Jason said it is measured for the 7 days prior, I had thought it was 7 days before the last hour. Might be good to know when it is automatically updated (whose time) so I won't be looking near the report changed time once working again.
  • It's not really that they're getting stuck, it's that I made a typo in the cron job that was supposed to run them. So I would log in, run it manually, then try to figure out why it wasn't running on schedule. It should be OK now (and for the past couple weeks).

It's updated just past midnight, Pacific time.