Notice: The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the Stylish extension or this website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.
Changing your Avatar.
The only way to currently change a forum avatar is through Gravatar.com. The email address used for your Userstyles.org account must be one of the email addresses that is registered to your Gravatar account.

bookmark toolbar hover effect

SM 1.1.12

The other style gives me a black background with green text, when I hover over anything on the toolbar, but not in the drop down of folders.

The two styles work great together, but it doesn't when I click on a folder on the toolbar. Just the tomato shows up. How do I get it so the black and green works with the tomato on the drop down of folders?

Thanks

/* adds a tomato color to the background */

#bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item:hover
{background-color: tomato !important;
-moz-appearance: none !important;}

/* this adds black background with green text when hovering */

toolbarbutton.bookmark-item:hover .toolbarbutton-text
{background-image: none !important;
background-color: #000000 !important;
color: #00FF00 !important;}

Comments

• not sure which one you want

just toolbars
    @namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* adds a tomato color to the background */ toolbarbutton.bookmark-item:hover {background-color: tomato !important; -moz-appearance: none !important;} /* this adds black background with green text when hovering */ toolbarbutton.bookmark-item:hover .toolbarbutton-text {background-image: none !important; background-color: #000000 !important; color: #00FF00 !important;}

toolbars and menuitems
    @namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); .bookmark-item:hover {background-color: tomato !important; -moz-appearance: none !important;} /* this adds black background with green text when hovering */ .bookmark-item:hover>label {background-image: none !important; background-color: #000000 !important; color: #00FF00 !important;}
  • Thanks ChoGGi, it was toolbars and menuitems that I wanted and it worked. I also added:

-moz-border-radius: 25px !important;

and it gave me a nice rounded version.

So what is the difference between "#bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item:hover", "toolbarbutton.bookmark-item:hover", and ".bookmark-item:hover"?

I've looked at my various styles and I mostly have #bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item:hover"
  • #bookmarks-ptf is the id for the bookmarks parent in the bookmarks toolbar (or something like that :)
    toolbarbutton.bookmark-item only selects bookmarks in the toolbar
    .bookmark-item:hover selects any bookmarks