bookmark toolbar hover effect

SM 1.1.12

The other style gives me a black background with green text, when I hover over anything on the toolbar, but not in the drop down of folders.

The two styles work great together, but it doesn't when I click on a folder on the toolbar. Just the tomato shows up. How do I get it so the black and green works with the tomato on the drop down of folders?

Thanks

/* adds a tomato color to the background */

#bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item:hover
{background-color: tomato !important;
-moz-appearance: none !important;}

/* this adds black background with green text when hovering */

toolbarbutton.bookmark-item:hover .toolbarbutton-text
{background-image: none !important;
background-color: #000000 !important;
color: #00FF00 !important;}

Comments

• not sure which one you want

just toolbars
    @namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* adds a tomato color to the background */ toolbarbutton.bookmark-item:hover {background-color: tomato !important; -moz-appearance: none !important;} /* this adds black background with green text when hovering */ toolbarbutton.bookmark-item:hover .toolbarbutton-text {background-image: none !important; background-color: #000000 !important; color: #00FF00 !important;}

toolbars and menuitems
    @namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); .bookmark-item:hover {background-color: tomato !important; -moz-appearance: none !important;} /* this adds black background with green text when hovering */ .bookmark-item:hover>label {background-image: none !important; background-color: #000000 !important; color: #00FF00 !important;}
  • Thanks ChoGGi, it was toolbars and menuitems that I wanted and it worked. I also added:

-moz-border-radius: 25px !important;

and it gave me a nice rounded version.

So what is the difference between "#bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item:hover", "toolbarbutton.bookmark-item:hover", and ".bookmark-item:hover"?

I've looked at my various styles and I mostly have #bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item:hover"
  • #bookmarks-ptf is the id for the bookmarks parent in the bookmarks toolbar (or something like that :)
    toolbarbutton.bookmark-item only selects bookmarks in the toolbar
    .bookmark-item:hover selects any bookmarks